JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, the last pre-41F eForm 1 I submitted was to SBR an AR-15. After doing some research, and because I'll be running a can on this one, I decided to go with a 10½"-barrel setup. The forms were submitted July 11th, so I have time to research options.

One option is the PSA offering:

10.5classic3_3.jpg

Another is the Model 1 short upper:

zsAyujJ.png

Anyone have experience with either of these? Beyond that, any recommendations for a basic upper along these lines?

Thanks much. :)

Have you considered a 7.5" barrel so your SBR can be as absolutely loud, flashy and obnoxious as possible? That's why I built my 7.5" pistol! :D

Also, I would skip anything with the built-in carry handle and front site post. Give yourself as many site options as possible. There are plenty of manufacturers besides PSA that will have an offering that works and is budget friendly. BCA, CBC and Radical to name a few.

Have you considered an 11.5" barrel for a more dependable dwell time for cycling?

I wouldn't rule it out. I'll check those out.

Have you considered a 7.5" barrel so your SBR can be as absolutely loud, flashy and obnoxious as possible? That's why I built my 7.5" pistol! :D

LOL! Well, it did cross my my mind to go as short as possible, but I'm going to stick with the longer one. That and most cans I looked into, including the one I eventually bought, require a minimum barrel length of 10½".

Besides, I already have a Super Shorty that fits the "loud, flashy and obnoxious" role quite well. :D

There are plenty of manufacturers besides PSA that will have an offering that works and is budget friendly. BCA, CBC and Radical to name a few.

Thanks; I'm adding those to the "to research" list. :)

In the PNW, all of the following local-ish companies would have choices for you.
Surplus Arms & Ammo
Aero Prescision
Mega

AR-pistol lower while waiting for a stamp.
SAA lower w/ PHase5 pistol buffer.
Aeroprecision standard upper.
YHM front rail
Black hole weaponry 10.5" or 11" barrel
EoTech with YHM Gasblock HK front sight, Diamondhead rear sight.
AAC M4-2000 (had a minimum 10.5" barrel length requirement)

arpistol.jpg

Thanks for the heads up regarding Hardened Arms. I'll check out their uppers.

I am happy overall with my Radical Firearms pistol upper. Nitrided 10.5 inch barrel with A2 but the free float is propriertary with a big barrel nut. I couldn't come close to getting it off they said...use heat but then I'd void the warranty...I got it for $199.95 on sale a year ago and it's normally $280-300. The Maxim machine gun look has kinda grown on me....
I will say this, for a PSA blem lower and a cheaper upper it's more accurate than I expected for the money.

Brutus Out

Ive fired thousands of rounds through a 10.5" upper and never had it skip a beat. You don't need to worry about dwell time or anything like that. 10.5" works fine.

Obnoxiously loud!!!!!!!!! :s0001: :s0001: :s0001:

When I fired off the first rounds on my build, a buddy and I had ringing in our ears for hours. Our fault for no ear protection, but we did not anticipate that much BANG!!!!!!! :s0024:

Also, I would skip anything with the built-in carry handle and front site post. Give yourself as many site options as possible. There are plenty of manufacturers besides PSA that will have an offering that works and is budget friendly. BCA, CBC and Radical to name a few.

7.5's Rock..... the original FLASH BANG!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top