JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My travels took me up and down I-5 between Olympia and Tacoma all weekend. I've been to Cabela's often but decided to stick my head in to Discount Sports, formerly Sportsmans' Warehouse, across the freeway.

Best selection of ammo, and especially reloading gear, I've seen since I started shooting. Found some 7.62 brass, plenty of handgum ammo, more powder than I've ever seen in one place. RCBS parts, just awesome. Can't believe they went bankrupt!

I also had a great time shopping Surplus Ammo/Tactical Tailor, where I also stopped. They have always been very nice at the gunshows, and they have a nice selection of black rifles. Fair prices on ammo (at least for 2009) and they had a great supply of primers.

Speaking of which, anyone have any comment on Wolf small pistol primers?

You guys up in WA have it pretty good, with all the great stores up there.

Avoid the gun stores....I've been cancelled from backorders from Sportsmans Guide and Cabelas just to walk in to Bi-Mart and Wal-Mart to find the exact bullets I was looking for!

.380 ACP has elluded me since Febuary....as of 3 weeks ago I found boxes in multiple stores that aren't normal gun stores (Joes, Sportsmans Warehouse, Cabelas, ect). Your average Joe Blow goes there for their gun stuff when you can find quality, inexpensive stuff at places like ACE Hardware and Bi-Mart.

I check three or four WallyWorlds around Oregon, pretty much each week, and have found them to be as reliable as anyone (with the exception of .380 ACP) these days for ammo; the prices are pretty good as well, as a general rule. But when things go bad and you have to have a certain brand or type of ammo, particularly for self-defense, this Ammo Search Engine is always worth storing in your Favorites and checking out:

http://www.ammoengine.com/

Fisherman's Marine gun section has more stuff on the shelves than I've seen in ages elsewhere. Looks like the good old days in there, except the prices are up.

The prices are "UP" which prompts me to look elsewhere for ammo. If I'm in a pinch I can find what I want, but BiMart and other places generally have it for a few $ cheaper. Enough people are doing that and ammo stays on the shelf and gets dusty.

The balance is keeping ammo in stock and having a good price.

Bi-Mart :s0155:

Sunbirds in Chehalis and Yelm Had loads of ammo When I visited. All flavors, large amounts, and multiple brands.. the Pricing was higher than I would hav e liked, thus only bought some powder at $20/# Plus washing tax.. .. But was impressed.

I did this the other day at a small shop in town. I wanted to get three boxes of ammo but they cost $42 total. I had gone to the atm and taken out $40. I offered him $40 and he took it. I expected him to cuss me out of the store for it but it worked out in my favor. No bubblegum censorship neede:s0155:

I about fell over a few days back when I walked into the local WallyWorld in South Salem and ran into a box of Winchester WB .380 -- the first one I'd seen since Christmas. It truly was Christmas in September. Jack at Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home had an excellent supply of ammo this past week, including Mini-Mags -- the first I've seen of those rascals in months.

I about fell over a few days back when I walked into the local WallyWorld in South Salem and ran into a box of Winchester WB .380 -- the first one I'd seen since Christmas. It truly was Christmas in September. Jack at Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home had an excellent supply of ammo this past week, including Mini-Mags -- the first I've seen of those rascals in months.

Ironically everytime I check out the Walmarts in Salem, mainly the Commercial St one i see the Winchester WB .380 but cant seem to get 30.06 there. Everytime I do see a box its after the counter hours and they wont let me buy it. Then if I come back in the morning its gone.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top