JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had been driving from NE portland to past warren into the woods past a gated area, other shooters had been there, and it seemed a very reasonable spot to shoot, I did not have, any issues but found out property owners living to close for comfort (I know how far these bullets can go) but I was frustrated because I had spent 15-20 dollars getting there, and got to shoot 5 rounds.

That being said I am not originally from this area and could use some pointers to free locations to shoot, I have heard of memloose, but I am uncertain as how to get there and have asked before, if anyone could share some places within an hour or so of pdx I would be very grateful.:huh:

One MUST practice to stay sharp...

Why free? If you are in NE Portland, and are willing to spend that much in fuel then consider crossing the river and going to the English Pit. You shoot all day in a controlled environment for $30ish. It saves you time, safety and clean up. There is also Tri-County for another closer to you outdoor range.

But if you really want to stay free - Tillamook State Forest / OHV area (summit on Hwy 6) has two rock pit designated shooting areas.

Or you could drive down to Albany and shoot with us! A straight shot down I-5 will run you 1 hour with normal traffic.

I know a lot of people shoot in the mountains, right past Estacada. I'm not exactly sure where this location is, but from the numerous times i've had people tell me where it is, you take highway 224 to Estacada... Keep following the road and you'll eventually get to a green bridge. You go past the green bridge and you'll see signs that say "no shooting for the next 5 miles". After 5 miles you'll see signs along the lines of "no shooting 5 miles beyond this point (or down)" and once you pass that, you'll see shooting spots on the sides of the road. Please someone, correct me if I am wrong because I too want to know that exactly location. From what my friends have told me, the area(s) up there get pretty dirty as people leave their crap behind.

I am very appreciative of the responses posted here , I too would love to see more us gun owners policing our shooting spots when finished,please keep it coming, folks want to put some ammo downrange safely , both pistol and rifle distances would be great:rockon:

I know a lot of people shoot in the mountains, right past Estacada. I'm not exactly sure where this location is, but from the numerous times i've had people tell me where it is, you take highway 224 to Estacada... Keep following the road and you'll eventually get to a green bridge. You go past the green bridge and you'll see signs that say "no shooting for the next 5 miles". After 5 miles you'll see signs along the lines of "no shooting 5 miles beyond this point (or down)" and once you pass that, you'll see shooting spots on the sides of the road. Please someone, correct me if I am wrong because I too want to know that exactly location. From what my friends have told me, the area(s) up there get pretty dirty as people leave their crap behind.

It's the first 6.8 miles so the area will get snowed in during the winter. There's a long thread on this but this post has pretty good directions. http://www.northwestfirearms.com/ou...-memaloose-estacada-97023-a-4.html#post187202

Definitely pick up your garbage too. These areas get lots of stuff dumped there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top