JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was cruising through Google earth trying to find some shooting spots/abandoned rock quarries and i stumbled upon this spot off i90 neat the Tinkham exit. GPS coordinates 47.412224, -121.589455 can anyone confirm or deny this location as a shooting spot?

Actually.....

There is a "safety corridor" flanking I-90 in that area where shooting is not allowed (the two spots you found are in it).

However, I checked the Forest Service maps of their land. Then cross referenced it with their no-shooting-safety-corridor map available on the North Bend district website (I had to dig for it for a little bit). The further south of I-90 you go as you climb higher up the ridge, you exit the safety corridor while still on FS land. Then, doing some Google Driving on the satellite map I've located what appear to be several potential gravel pits / shooting pits.

Basically, south of the Iron Horse trail (but verify via appropriate map because the Iron Horse trail is not the actual safety corridor boundary.

I haven't confirmed with the North Bend Ranger Station but did speak with a WA Dept of Fish and Wild Life ranger I met up the North Fork road. He did say there were a few areas that it should technically be legal to shoot in the area I described.

However (again), I'd want to double check everything with the North Bend Ranger Station.

I have my normal spot I go in the area and haven't wandered south of the Tinkham Rd area I just described. But I want to some day if for not other reason than to have a few "back up" shooting spots.

I also want to investigate areas out along Hwy 2. There are a few areas that look promising there, too.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top