JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Where do people like shoot in or near Portland, indoor or outdoor? I went to the range at Threat Dynamics couple weeks ago, which seems well run. Was looking to check out Johnson Creek Gun Club and Portland Rifle and Pistol Club, and joining one were I can go shoot more consistently

Where do you guys recommend to go get some range time in? Shooting pistols mostly.

JCGC is awesome for what it is. But it's small - and closed now because of SinoVirus restrictions.
It's a 50 foot only range... no more no less. No magnum pistol calibers and only .22 rifles.

Is 'The Place to Shoot' still in operation in North Portland? Before I escaped P-town 14½ years ago, I used to shoot there weekly. It was a nice facility, and had a decent staff. Tri-county gun club is very nice, but may have limited (no) membership.

Place to Shoot is around. They're only open Weds-Sat I think with social distancing protocols so 1 in each 3 or 4 lanes is open. Haven't heard of Tri-county. Will check that out.

Ditto on JCGC. They are indeed closed for now but you can likely get your membership going. Just a matter of time before they open up again. They are posting updates on their status.
Johnsoncreekgunclub.com

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is a really nice range. Not sure how far you are from Eagle Creek, but for a nice large outdoor place with competitions, it seems good. Not a member, but I've driven up there for Rimfire Challenge a few times, good folks. Douglas Ridge Rifle Club They also have pistol and shotgun facilities, so not restrictive to rifles.

I hit The Place to Shoot once a week after work.
Their ammo went up though, no surprise. I think it was $16 per box for 9mm and $5 per box of your own.

NF land / BLM / state or fed land. Get a good set of steel targets, look at the "places to shoot" section on the forum. Find a friend or two and head out there. Be safe, be respectful, and by God please clean up after yourself. Bring some trash bags and take out more than you pack in.

Lots of safe spots to shoot near and around the Portland/Vancouver area. Use this land. It's our tax payer dollars at work. Just don't ruin it.

Place to Shoot is around. They're only open Weds-Sat I think with social distancing protocols so 1 in each 3 or 4 lanes is open. Haven't heard of Tri-county. Will check that out.

TCGC is just down the road from Threat Dynamics. Last I heard, TCGC is now up to a 14 month wait time for new memberships. It's well worth the wait though. Go to their website and search for new membership. Get on the wait list and then forget about it. Lol

In the meantime, you could check out JCGC and/or DRRC and see if they are taking new members.

Once this whole virus thing calms down, your more than welcome to join me as my guest for a tour of Tri County Gun Club and possibly a little shooting....:)

Douglas Ridge Rifle Club is a really nice range. Not sure how far you are from Eagle Creek, but for a nice large outdoor place with competitions, it seems good. Not a member, but I've driven up there for Rimfire Challenge a few times, good folks. Douglas Ridge Rifle Club They also have pistol and shotgun facilities, so not restrictive to rifles.

Plus they're the only club around up there that has distance beyond 200 yards, AFAIK.

I forget ATM if they have 600, or 1000 yards. Scheduled ?weekly or monthly?.

Nice. Thanks for all the info. I got on the waitlist for Tri-County and will check out Douglas Ridge. Looks like Douglas is 30 min away, so not that far.

TCGC is just down the road from Threat Dynamics. Last I heard, TCGC is now up to a 14 month wait time for new memberships. It's well worth the wait though. Go to their website and search for new membership. Get on the wait list and then forget about it. Lol

In the meantime, you could check out JCGC and/or DRRC and see if they are taking new members.

Once this whole virus thing calms down, your more than welcome to join me as my guest for a tour of Tri County Gun Club and possibly a little shooting....:)

For sure. Once the Covid thing cools off, I'll take you up on the tour, man. Thank you.

Douglas Ridge has a sign out that they are accepting new members.

I was a member of Johnson Creek for a number of years. It's ok for what it is but it's expensive and has too many restrictions for my liking.

I joined Estacada Rod and Gun Club just down the road from Douglas Ridge. Great people and range but a 2 year wait list for membership.

Douglas Ridge has a few pistol ranges and training there? I'm looking primarily to train defensive shooting and short range accuracy and consistency. I may just join Threat Dynamics as it's easy to get to and simple, but it's not cheap, and Douglas Ridge seems to have a lot more going on.

And yeah, I'm a strong proponent of packing out more than you bring in in anything outdoors, camping, hiking, shooting, leave things cleaner for the next folks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top