JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Me and a couple friends want to get away from the ladies for awhile and do some shooting. Looking for somewhere to go in Skagit or North Snohomish counties. We will most definitely be cleaning up our and any mess left in the area when we are done, we would like to keep it clean so we can continue to use it....and its just rude not to clean.

Any information would be met with the upmost appreciation.

Me and a couple friends want to get away from the ladies for awhile and do some shooting. Looking for somewhere to go in Skagit or North Snohomish counties. We will most definitely be cleaning up our and any mess left in the area when we are done, we would like to keep it clean so we can continue to use it....and its just rude not to clean.

Any information would be met with the upmost appreciation.

Frailey Mountain. It's between Lake Cavanaugh and Hwy 9. There are a couple places back in there that you could hit 1000m in the meadow between Stinson Hill and Frailey Mountain. That is where they wanted to put that big commercial range/campground a few years ago...To many complaints from Lake Cavanaugh residents about potential traffic, noise, etc

Get on the lake Cavanaugh road, I don't know the DNR road number, I just know it as the Fraley Mountain Road. Get on teh Lake Cavanaugh Road headed toward Lake Cavanaugh from Hwy 9 and look for a DNR logging road headed south. There is a couple good places that on on the roads that head to the north too, but last time I was up that way they were all gated. Too bad too, Day Lake has some nice fishing, and there are some good open shooting areas up on Cultus Mt.

If you go to Cavanaugh via Oso, you will have to drive around teh lake to find the Frailey Mt Road..

Stinson Hill Quad...48122-c1-tf-024... Go to Google Earth and search 48.3126N, 122.0677W If you want to see what it looks like.

That area has been gated off for years now :(. I used to shoot up there too. You can still get there but it takes a plated dirt bike and some long-time knowledge of the area. You used to be able to launch hang gliders up there.

however, on the south end of cavanaugh there is a trucking road that goes up to a gravel pit I shoot at sometimes. The road used to go to day lake, but it is about 10 years overtaken by alders after the pit. If you head up over from the Oso side from 530 toward Cavanaugh there is a spot we shoot at sometimes too. Then when you get to the lake turn right, take the first right gravel road you see. gate is sometimes closed though.

That area has been gated off for years now :(. I used to shoot up there too. You can still get there but it takes a plated dirt bike and some long-time knowledge of the area. You used to be able to launch hang gliders up there.

however, on the south end of cavanaugh there is a trucking road that goes up to a gravel pit I shoot at sometimes. The road used to go to day lake, but it is about 10 years overtaken by alders after the pit. If you head up over from the Oso side from 530 toward Cavanaugh there is a spot we shoot at sometimes too. Then when you get to the lake turn right, take the first right gravel road you see. gate is sometimes closed though.

That was a good road last time I was up there...Are you sure all of the entrences into Frailey are gated? Or are they only gated during hunting season...Yes, well, we have lved on this side for 8 year now (retired) so i would expect some of those roads would be overgrown.

How about the FS18 that goes in off the Swede Heaven Road, that should still be open. Goes all the way over to the South Skagit Hwy if you take it far enough....there are some nice areas to shoot up in there.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top