Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

shooting areas around salem?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by deann, Jan 31, 2013.

1. deann

deann oregon Active Member

anybody know of a good place to shoot around salem? detroit?,dallas?,silverton?,etc.,etc.,lets say a 25-30 mile radius?****im in albany damn near. any way,love to hear any ideas!!!

2. Glock23gp

Glock23gp Newport / Salem Active Member

Outdoors the hills out of Stayton/Scio are unlimited as is anywhere down Brietenbush rd. or any powerline trails In Detroit. I also went up in the woods outside of Scotts Mills up Crooked finger Rd. as a kid (watch out for the midgets outside the grocery store :what: ). Indoors you can go to The Baron's Den in Springfield.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

3. skud_dusty

skud_dusty Salem, OR Active Member

Everything out by Stayton has been shut down due to logging. All the good spots I've found are not up by Detroit which is a loooong drive. I just shoot at ARPC now. I miss having a good range 10 minutes from my house :(

4. Mrand55

Mrand55 Salem Member

I've found a lot of my old spots have been shut down due to logging. Went back up to Scotts Mills a few weekend ago. They still had a couple no shooting signs up but they seem to be largely ignored as people were shooting in the old staging area, right after the turn to go to the new staging area. I found a nice little spot at the end of one of the off shoot roads that led down probably a 1.5 miles or so. That would be my best suggestion. Also, if you see the thread about Gooseneck Rd, looks like that is in Sheridan which is not too far from Salem. I haven't been there yet but I think I might make a trip to see how it is.

5. AvnEng

AvnEng Corvallis Member

What type of range are you looking to shoot? Rifle or pistol shooting?

6. deann

deann oregon Active Member

pistols.

7. Bassman

Bassman West Salem, Oregon New Member

I too am looking for an outdoor area to do some plinking and to shoot my .50 A.E. Any ideas would be welcome. I'm in West Salem.

8. Downrange58

Downrange58 Albany Ore. New Member

Any national forrest land around Albany/Lebanon area to shoot in? I have a new Rem 870 to try out. Thanks in advance!

9. Oathkeeper1775

Oathkeeper1775 Coast Range Well-Known Member

The DK Ranch on the Calapooia River (sorta near Lebanon) has a world-class skeet range and upland bird shoot. Real fine people and bird-dogs too.

Camp Adair has a trap range if you don't mind using steel shot.

10. NiceAsh

NiceAsh Salem Active Member

Find a member of Albany Rifle and Pistol Club and get them to take you out there, best Range in the area.

11. aussie

aussie Silverton, OR Member

bump. yes I would be interested in more recommendations around Salem, Silverton, Stayton areas. thanks!