JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Bottom line, dude with the gun was out trying to be a tough guy confronting people. Pulling your gun twice in road rage incidents.

Come on guys, he clearly isn't representing us well.

Screw him.

Bottom line, dude with the gun was out trying to be a tough guy confronting people. Pulling your gun twice in road rage incidents.

Come on guys, he clearly isn't representing us well.

Screw him.

He may be a douche, but he still gets to defend his life within the framework of Florida law.

Like I said, was the space created by the dead guy, and the couple seconds that passed, enough to argue that the imminent threat of grave bodily harm was over? That is the only pertinent question.

I feel like this was a lawful shoot, not a moral shoot. I feel like he acted within the law.

I agree that we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard. That means we should try to avoid situations where we could end up shooting someone. That's where the moral part comes in.

He may be a douche, but he still gets to defend his life within the framework of Florida law.

Like I said, was the space created by the dead guy, and the couple seconds that passed, enough to argue that the imminent threat of grave bodily harm was over? That is the only pertinent question.

I feel like this was a lawful shoot, not a moral shoot. I feel like he acted within the law.

I agree that we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard. That means we should try to avoid situations where we could end up shooting someone. That's where the moral part comes in.

Yeah, well was it defense when the guy was retreating?

Yeah, well was it defense when the guy was retreating?

Was the guy retreating, or regrouping to kick him in the head? Was the assault over or still in progress? I'm not saying he was, but could it be argued that the guy who was just assaulted could reasonably believe so?

IMO, we as CHL holders NEED to hold ourselves to a higher reguard than the general population. if that guy got heated over a parking spot he shouldnt have been carrying with that sort of temperament to begin with.
My personal philosophy is that when I carry, I have a responsibility to be the most humble person in any given situation. The preference is to walk away, to de-escalate... One has to decide on which hill one wants to die.

A parking spot isn't that hill. Protecting a loved one or myself, would indeed be a hill I'd be willing to die on.

From watching the video a number of times, after the guy pulled the gun the other guy turned away and walked backward away from him. He did not draw and shoot, he paused before he shot and the guy was backing away from him when he shot. A jury will see this and feel the threat had ended and there was no need to shoot. They will not consider the adrenaline rush after being attacked and pushed to the ground. If he would have drawn and shot immediately when the guy was still advancing, there might be a different outcome.
The lesson here is if you are going to carry, get training. Both legal and reaction training/practice. You owe it to yourself to do this so you don't end up in a situation like this guy. I think he will be convicted. IMHO.

This is an interesting article on the coming legal battle, but most interesting of all, it has a link to a pdf of the charging document:
Article: Manslaughter Charges Filed in Florida Handicap Parking Spot Shooting | Law of Self Defense on Patreon
Felony Information: http://lawofselfdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Drejka-charging-affidavit-180813-3.pdf

Drejka's did an interview with police right afterward (Doh!). We get the beginning of the video taped interview on page 5:
MICHAEL DREJKA stated no words were exchanged by him or McGlockton. He did not see McGlockton's hands or face. He saw his legs and said he made a twitch towards him and he fired the gun in self-defense. MICHAEL DREJKA indicated the firearm was a Glock 40 caliber handgun ..."

Page 3 contains a statement by a witness which indicates Drejka was definitely not using a Grey-Poupon-Voice with Jacobs (the woman in the car).

EDIT: It should also be remembered that charging documents aren't the evidence, they're just one side of the story.

EDIT2: The PDF link is fixed now so I made extensive late edits to the post.

Last Edited:
My personal philosophy is that when I carry, I have a responsibility to be the most humble person in any given situation. The preference is to walk away, to de-escalate... One has to decide on which hill one wants to die.

A parking spot isn't that hill. Protecting a loved one or myself, would indeed be a hill I'd be willing to die on.

Abso-freaking-lutely.

Isn't this how LEOs die in situations where societal pressure delays the decision to use force or not? And they have more protection than SYG laws.

No, I dont think so. I know when I need to shoot. I also know when I could shoot and probably get away with it, but I don't necessarily NEED to. An example was a crazy dude that was yelling at me and two other officers to shoot him. He had a filet knife. I know what kind of damage one could do with a filet knife, so we had guns drawn. One officer gave calm directives and drew a taser. Guy wanted no part of the taser and we got the guy to give up the knife. We took him to the hospital and got him some help. The officer with non-lethal knew if the guy so much as twitched, we would light the dude up.

If it were just me and the dude, he may not have made it that day. As a group, we had more options. By myself, I wouldn't have trusted my life on a taser. Its all about the totality of the circumstances.

Is it? If you are an aggressor in FL, do you get to use the self-defense defense in your trial? If Person A is yelling at Person B, might Person C who comes on it in the middle think Person A is the aggressor and exercise defense of others? Assuming Person C is determined to be the initial aggressor (and it matters), If Person C is backing away when the gun is drawn, has Person C withdrawn from the conflict sufficiently to preclude Person A from shooting him?

Ultimately, this guy just bought himself a ticket to the Courthouse Lottery and I don't think anyone can predict the outcome here any more than a dice roll. If I was on the jury, I'd probably convict because Glockton had clearly disengaged, at least to my eyes. So the first dice roll this guy faces is who gets on his jury.
If a guy pushes you down and continues to come after you, sure you're standing your ground. If he tosses you to the ground and disengages, its revenge.

I've watched that video and here's my possible take. It is VERY common in the "thug life" mentality when getting physical to initiate a HUGE push then take a step (or two) back and posture (like a peacock) with their shoulders pulled back & arms held "up" like they got a brick under each armpit (I call 'em "two-brick men").

That is the impression I got from "person-c" (the deceased) and his "step back". He wasn't retreating, he was setting up to posture, and got popped in the middle of his set...

It isn't "normal" or "reasonable" to come suddenly running up on someone and shove them back 3'-4' onto their arse just for a verbal argument, even if it IS a girlfriend (or whatever). If he (the defendant) had been getting physical with the woman, that'd be a different situation. Just my opinion, and observation.

I've watched that video and here's my possible take. It is VERY common in the "thug life" mentality when getting physical to initiate a HUGE push then take a step (or two) back and posture (like a peacock) with their shoulders pulled back & arms held "up" like they got a brick under each armpit (I call 'em "two-brick men").

That is the impression I got from "person-c" (the deceased) and his "step back". He wasn't retreating, he was setting up to posture, and got popped in the middle of his set...

It isn't "normal" or "reasonable" to come suddenly running up on someone and shove them back 3'-4' onto their arse just for a verbal argument, even if it IS a girlfriend (or whatever). If he (the defendant) had been getting physical with the woman, that'd be a different situation. Just my opinion, and observation.

Definite possibility and a real reason to draw and present. Probably should train on how to orient to the threat while on your azz and how to get up off the ground with gun presented. Maybe not time to shoot until he makes another move.

^ Agreed with this so much.

(In fact, this particular news article has me thinking upon an incident of my own that, all things considering, ended well since I kept calm and used my head. The family and I are safe, and have no criminal or civil matters to worry about. And the loud-mouth, violence-threatening, drunken, fool got to meet a Sheriff's Deputy. I'll leave it at that for now.)

For crying out loud the dude with the gun started the whole thing. !00% his fault. If he minded his own damn business this wouldn't have happened.

I don't see any "thug" here. I see a dude with a gun that thought it was his job to "police" a stupid parking spot. Things escalated and now a man is dead. But things would have never escalated if the dude with the gun minded his own damn business. PERIOD.

A vigilante with a gun. Over a handicapped parking space??

Yeah, that was worth it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Deceased dude walks out, sees a guy harassing his wife. That's problem number one. Then deceased dude shoves the guy playing parking lot cop harassing his wife. Problem 2. Then wannabe cop with a gun draws and shoots. Problem three. But let's go back to problem one where mall cop wannabe thinks it's his place to enforce handicap parking.

Dirty. Plain and simple.

For crying out loud the dude with the gun started the whole thing. !00% his fault. If he minded his own damn business this wouldn't have happened.

I don't see any "thug" here. I see a dude with a gun that thought it was his job to "police" a stupid parking spot. Things escalated and now a man is dead. But things would have never escalated if the dude with the gun minded his own damn business. PERIOD.

Not disputing the guy is a tool, or doesn't have issues... it IS dumb.

I was a bouncer for a few years on the side. No one ever got shot and the fights were way worse. Sometimes you gotta either be prepared to beat or get beaten if you're gonna start schit. To me, the shooter is a puzzy.

A pussy hiding behind a gun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads