JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it better to buy the KAK dimpled buffer tube or does the shockwave brace work well with a milspec buffer tube? I haven't seem to find one with the KAK buffer with a heavier 9mm buffer but I have found milspec tubes with heavier buffers.

Um, I'm not sure the Shockwave will work with a tube that has the lug for a telestock. I'm using a TacFire MAR049 buffer kit (it looks like milspec other than not having the bottom lug), planning to either upgrade to the Brownells pistol tube for weight savings or get the Vltor A5 Pistol Kit for enhanced reliability since Mk 18's are temperamental beasts.

Some things you have to a-la-carte rather than get as packages...

I can get the kak tube/shockwave brace/spring and 9mm buffer from KAK for 100 (pre-shipping/tax). was hoping to save a little but its looking like the best option. Wife just started grad school so every penny counts.

The Brownells kit, which works for 9mm, is $40, so... if you can find a Shockwave for $50 or less, you might come out ahead...

Blade $48.95 KAK INDUSTRY LLC. AR-15 KAK SHOCKWAVE BLADE PISTOL BRACE | Brownells
Compatible tube 39.99 (linked above) running total $88.94
Promo Code M7U gives free shipping... final total under $90. That's $10 (plus shipping cost) more for your Top Ramen budget... :p

I'm using a Phase 5 tube with my Shockwave. It's not dimpled but I just tightened down the set screw to make my own.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top