JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have lost so many great gun institutions over the years. And now the company Smith & Wesson will be no more, as it is being renamed to American Outdoor Brands.

This is just so very wrong, in so many ways. I'm shocked and disgusted.

Smith & Wesson Plans Name Change

Why Gun Icon Smith & Wesson Seeks To Rebrand As An Outdoors Company

BIZ14_swhc_110716_newscom.jpg

Last Edited:
Calm down:

changing the name of its holding company to American Outdoor Brands Corp., though it will continue to use Smith & Wesson for its best-selling handguns

This kind of thing happens all the time. No big deal.

So they are now focusing on products for the
"Rugged Outdoors Type".

Let me guess...skin tight lycra hiking pants made in China, with smartphone pockets.

"Say Fella" Are ya feelin frisky" ?

upload_2016-11-7_17-11-45.jpeg

I've lived too long.....

Considering their systematic and deliberate purge of "Gun People" from management in favor of more oxygen-wasting sociopathic MBA "efficiency experts" like Sh*tbag Stonecipher was at McDouchewaffle Dickless/the remnants of Boeing...

Discussion from some VERY old-time Gun People including some recognizable names at S&W Shield .45 ACP - Gun Hub --be respectful if you go over there, these are some of my oldest and closest friends. (Mas Ayoob, Dean Speir aka "Waldo Lydecker" and Patrick Sweeney were all among our ranks back in my college days, and I'm proud to call them some of the guys who helped make a man out of me.)

Last Edited:
I suspect the move was for self-preservation. The name was probably selected months ago when it looked like hillary might win. Lotsa looming gun control laws and the possibility of expanded liability for gun-related lawsuits probably scared them to death. If they didn't want to end up like the tobacco industry, (and probably a lot worse) they saw the need to expand their market offerings just to stay alive.

Not saying I like it, but welcome to the 21st century. Crappy Chinese hiking pants and all.:(

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top