JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There's new regulations regarding training and markings for shippers of hazardous materials, classes, fees and such. Companies must have their employees trained and special fees.
I'm looking for a any small quantity loop holes that might be available that UPS or Fed Ex will allow.

They also have to be packaged with anti-static covering, and marked with a special image. Additionally, you may only ship them from UPS hubs, not UPS stores or even upper level 3rd party shippers. Can't tell you about FedEx

I have 7 thousand round primers and after looking at the astronomical prices they're getting on GunBroker, I just couldn't stop from thinking I would make a small fortune selling them. Are people that desperate?

it can only be shipped from a hub, it has to be marked hazardous, cant weigh more than i think 60lbs, if you do ship it and its found to be hazadous and not marked, you can be fined.

I have 7 thousand round primers and after looking at the astronomical prices they're getting on GunBroker, I just couldn't stop from thinking I would make a small fortune selling them. Are people that desperate?

You can't assume that all the people who've recently offered primers for sale on Gunbroker will properly ship them as Hazmat material. Meaning, some won't ship according to DOT protocols. They will just box them up and ship them whatever way. I see people on Gunbroker selling ammo and offering USPS Priority Mail shipment which is another no-no. What you see being done vs. what is the right thing to do aren't always the same thing.

I've been through DOT Haz-Mat training, with a former employer long ago. It's intensive and expensive, not something you'd want to do just to sell some extra primers or powder. You most definitely do not want to get caught shipping them the wrong way. That would end up being a lot more expensive.

Personally I think that Gunbroker prices are "desperate sucker" prices, not any kind of real going-rate. There are always going to be people out there who either don't know how to find what they want, don't want to wait, or think it may be gone forever if they don't get it now, and are willing to pay whatever it costs "right now!"

If you want to cash in on their panic, and can find a certified shipper willing to work with you, go for it. I have no ethical qualms in offering something for sale when buyers are willing to pay the price. I know this has been a controversial issue, but in my opinion it's a net positive when someone offers up product from their personal supply, because the price went high enough. It adds to the available supply. It's a lot different from the jerk who cleans out Bi-Mart, then sells it all for triple to people who can't find any because Bi-Mart is cleaned out.

Can one legally ship 1,000 rd boxes of primers without going through a bunch of hoops with ground carriers?

Any relevant answers will be appreciated.

It's an ordeal, which is why there's a $15 to $30 charge slapped on to such things when online retailers sell them.

You should totally save yourself the hassle of shipping hazmat. Just buy brass, bullets and powder to go with those primers! Problem solved, no more of those pesky 'extra' primers.

Oh, and get a progressive press if you don't have one already.;)

I like my Dillon 550, it goes a fast as I feel comfortable going. They are extra because I can't bring them to my house, my son is keeping them for me so I don't go over the 10,000 primer limit. But he gets free ammo from me, so really he should store them. I guess i should keep them.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top