Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shipping Handguns

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by vinniebruno, Dec 21, 2012.

1. vinniebruno

vinniebruno Vancouver, WA Member

Anyone know what the easiest "legal" way to ship a handgun is? My father wants to send one from Utah up tp WA. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I would say if your dad has a shop/ffl he deals with on a regular basis he should see if they will ship for him. I you ship yourself a gun MUST go one day air. I cost us, not knowing at the time the shop we bought the gun from might have shipped it for us, $70.00 to ship a 3lb package to Florida!!
    Felt screwed, blued and tattooed!

Mike

3. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

The easiest way is to get the FFL's info up here,send it to Dad and he has his local FFL send the gun to your FFL.Or they fax/email info to each other
    I believe HE can send it to an FFL up here,if they will except it from a private party. But across state lines it must go though an FFL

4. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

Unless he moves up here, establishes residency, and then give it to you. Probably take less time and cost less to just send to an FFL in WA. :laugh:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  5. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And the FFL here in WA must collect the use tax on the fair value of the item.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  6. vinniebruno

vinniebruno Vancouver, WA Member

Thanks for all your input!