JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This may be in the wrong category, but I wasn't sure which one it would really fit into, so pardon me if I did get the wrong one.

I bought a Stevens 320 pump shotgun from Big 5 several weeks ago and there is a problem with it and it looks like something sheared off in the (I'm still learning the language and proper part identification, so I'm probably off here) rail that assists with loading/ejecting. I need to return it to the manufacturer for warranty service but I need to know what to do for shipping.

I did some research and it looks like rifles/shotguns can be sent via US Postal Service but I'm not sure how to package it and package it so that it can be inspected by them prior to shipping so they can verify it is unloaded.

Do any of you have any suggestions for me as far as shipping goes?

You are allowed to ship the shotgun to the manufacturer and by whichever package service you choose. Pack your gun securely, there won't be anyone who wants to look inside. Best to get a RGA # from the manufacturer before you spend the money to send it back. USPS probably cost you about $35 with insurance & delivery confirmation.

Easiest way is to get an RMA from the company and have them send you a pre-paid Fedex or UPS label. Then package, drop it off at a hub and be done.
Yes! Call the company, tell them what happened to your NEW shotgun, get them to issue a return authorization (RA, RMA, or whatever they want to call it) and to send you a pre-paid shipping label of the carrier of their choice. Package it up, drop it off and wait. Most manufacturers will do this, some will jump right on it and get it done, other may say "no" the first time (or two) you call and ask for a pre-paid shipping label (S&W did this to me a few years back - had to call twice). Good luck.

So, just an update for this thread. I finally ended up shipping it via USPS (cost me $20 via Parcel Post) and it got to them on the 13th of March and I just called them today to see if they knew anything and apparently they will be shipping me a brand new shotgun, not fixing the one I sent back. I guess I just was unlucky and got a lemon. But kudos to them for sending me a new one (they said within a couple of weeks). I still think it sucks that, for an in warranty item, you have to pay to ship it back to them.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top