JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Howdy

My local mailbox store quoted me at like $90 and over $100 to ship it via UPS and FedEx. My local FFL (only one in Saint Helens that I know of) continually insists that I can ship a handgun via USPS and therefore won't take my money to do something I can do myself, and I'm tired of arguing with him about it.

Who will do it for cheap? Please tell me who you've used, and how much it ran you.. hopefully someplace in WashCo or NoPo- It's $30 in gas to get out to, say, SE Portland for me

Thanks

-Ben

Ask your local FFL to ship it FOR you via USPS. It should go via Flat Rate Priority mail. Offer him $20 over the cost of postage. Should be less than $35 total, including insurance.

Cheap is not going to be an option of which I am aware. You can only use a common carrier (i.e. FedEx, UPS) to ship a handgun (if you are doing it yourself, but only to an FFL or the manufacturer for repairs). From what I understand, FFL's can send it via USPS (as well as the common carriers) to another FFL, if I read the regulations about that correctly (was researching when needing to send my shotgun back East to Savage Arms for repair). I don't know about UPS but FedEx would appear to only allow handguns to be shipped from their World Centers and Kinkos/FedEx centers can not accept them. I just had to send my wife's S&W Sigma SW9F off for repair to S&W so I know about that part.

Last Edited:
And UPS can only ship from their Customer Service Center at the distribution site, not at the UPS stores.
USPS is cheaper than the others.
Have the FFL ship it for you and if he is a registered USPS shipping account he can have it picked up at his shop.

And UPS can only ship from their Customer Service Center at the distribution site, not at the UPS stores.
USPS is cheaper than the others.
Have the FFL ship it for you and if he is a registered USPS shipping account he can have it picked up at his shop.

OP has twice said his local FFL won't ship it for him.

To clarify- I'm looking for an FFL who'll ship it for me.
How about checking this list:
ST HELENS, OR Gun Dealers | LocalGunDealer.com

scappoosegd.jpg

When I sent my Sig back to Sig for repairs they sent me a FedX shipping tag, I just dropped the pistol's plastic box into a slim FedX shipping box and dropped it off at the local FedX store. When it was done I picked it up at the same FedX store.

When I sent my Sig back to Sig for repairs they sent me a FedX shipping tag, I just dropped the pistol's plastic box into a slim FedX shipping box and dropped it off at the local FedX store. When it was done I picked it up at the same FedX store.

That's because they're a large corporation with a FedEx account. My private buyer in BFE does not, and cannot send me a magic shipping label.

That's because they're a large corporation with a FedEx account. My private buyer in BFE does not, and cannot send me a magic shipping label.

I am not a large corp but I have a FedEX account. I don't think it is the FedEX account that made any difference. FedEX knew this was a gun and they just weighed it and shipped it.

I am not a large corp but I have a FedEX account. I don't think it is the FedEX account that made any difference. FedEX knew this was a gun and they just weighed it and shipped it.

Then what's your point?

Do you think we're questioning whether or not FedEx will take guns? Read the OP.

Did you notifiy them that it was a firearm?
FedEx said:
Upon presenting the goods for shipment, the person tendering the shipment to Carrier is required to notify Carrier that the shipment contains a firearm. The outside of the package(s) must not be marked, labeled or otherwise identify that the package(s) contains a firearm.

According to the instructions I received from Smith and Wesson, I could either take to a Coporate World Center or call for a pickup. FedEx/Kinko's locations were said to NOT be acceptible.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top