JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone used UPS to ship a pistol out of Washington state ? My reading of the new UPS rules and regulations seem to imply that you need to be licensed (not a private party) to use their shipping service. Secondly, has anyone used the "Ship My Gun" service , which offers prepaid labels and then successfully shipped with UPS? Have you done this recently, since UPS changed their rules late last year ? Again, I would like to ship a pistol from me (a non FFL) in Washington state to an FFL in Texas. Finally, if i have to use a local FFL to do the shipping can anyone recommend one in the Vancouver/Camas area .
Thanks in advance for any help/information

Has anyone used UPS to ship a pistol out of Washington state ? My reading of the new UPS rules and regulations seem to imply that you need to be licensed (not a private party) to use their shipping service. Secondly, has anyone used the "Ship My Gun" service , which offers prepaid labels and then successfully shipped with UPS? Have you done this recently, since UPS changed their rules late last year ? Again, I would like to ship a pistol from me (a non FFL) in Washington state to an FFL in Texas. Finally, if i have to use a local FFL to do the shipping can anyone recommend one in the Vancouver/Camas area .
Thanks in advance for any help/information
MTS Gunsmithing, Vancouver. Cheap and reliable. Small fee plus actual shipping.

I use Buds Guns shipping department. It's called "Ship My Gun".
You print a shipping label after you go through the simple to follow selection process and then drop off the packaged firearm at a USPS shipping hub service center near you.
Very affordable and the only drawback is if the receiving FFL is not on their preferred FFL list.
If the buyer of your firearm picks an FFL that's not been vetted by SMG, then you have to wait while they contact the FFL and receive their license info.

+1 for shipmygun.com you can get a quote before you enter any personal info and add insurance. Must be dropped off at a ups hub and cannot ship from a ups store. I think the one on st John's is the only one in the Vancouver area

So have you successfully used the shipmygun service recently like this year, or late 2022 ? My understanding is that UPS changed their rules and will not accept packages from non-licensed shippers. Is that correct or does the shipmygun label allow Ups to accept the package ?

Ship my gun has an exemption. They send you an exemption letter you can print along with a shipping label. Ups has never asked me for the letter. You must declare it a firearm when you hand it to them. I have shipped with them within the last 2 months. You usually get a shipping label to print on the following day it is ordered. Use one of the ffls on their drop down menu or request to have your ffl added with a delay for them to verify. You can also call their phone number for help.

153d

thank you for the information. The ship my gun "exemption" make sense. Most all of the reviews I've read online was positive for the company. I just wanted to be sure things hadn't changed when UPS recently(late last year) changed their firearm shipping policy to be more restrictive.
Again, thanks

What if your sending a gun to the mfg for warranty repair, do you need to ship to an FFL with shipmygun?

edit:... nevermind, a mfg is an FFL.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews