JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is my M&P Shield 45. Slide has been milled for Shield RMS sight and cerakoted in Sniper Gray. Trigger is an APEX full kit. It shoots real nice and is accurate to 75+ yards.

Thoughts on a carrying a small pistol with a red dot? Anyone else doing this? I find it faster to score hits.

B2FCF648-3413-4FD6-8CB1-E1DE645F956A.jpeg

I'm a fan of red dots although I still need to further develop my proficiency just a bit before I would carry one.

Of sub-compact guns, however, I'm just not a fan. They sure carry nicely. But with all the shenanigans going on in the world today, a subcompact is not the gun I would want to fight with and/or bet my life on. Something Glock 19 size is as small as I'm willing to go.

Now drop that red dot onto the new M&P 2.0 Compact and I'm all over it! :)

I agree with the capacity issue. I carry appendix with another mag. That gives me 14 rounds of .45. Hopefully that is enough to get me out of trouble.

I'm hoping they come out with an optic ready 2.0 compact. That would be on my short list.

I think its pretty cool and I too find it easier to score hits with a RMR type optic. I think its part of not practicing as much as I should and just getting old/going blind.

I'm hoping they come out with an optic ready 2.0 compact. That would be on my short list.

Agreed! They still haven't released a 2.0 C.O.R.E. yet...at least the last time I checked. In the 1.0 version they had a 4.25" and 5" gun. It will be interesting to see what they do with the 2.0's. One would hope that an optic ready 2.0 compact size gun would be on their short list.

That's the first single stack optic I have seen. I like my red dot on the Full Size models. And for someone like me, needs glasses to read, the dot makes a lot of sense.
I put an XS on my Shield for daily carry.

Of course the sight is about the price of the gun.
Brownells ~ $400
NWA - Shield 2.0 with Lazer ~ 379

I use my optic gun to shoot speed steel - that it a good way to build proficiency.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top