JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Eh... personally I would rather carry to the courthouse and go through what I went through. I have an aversion to leaving anything of value in my car unattended and the whole point of me carrying is so that I have my gun on me if I may need it, locking it in the car defeats that purpose.

That punk pulled a Glock 7 on you? you know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport metal detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month

Quote from the movie "Die Hard 2". I wanted to slap Bruce Willis when I heard that. I was instantly no longer a fan of his.

Quote from the movie "Die Hard 2". I wanted to slap Bruce Willis when I heard that. I was instantly no longer a fan of his.
Don't hate Bruce... if you must hate, hate the writers. besides, that was 1988.. Glocks had only been here in the states for a few years, and people still hadn't embraced the idea of a polymer frame. The movie and the Gen 2 came out about the same time.
edit... diehard 2 was released in 1990 written in 88',89' ish. my bad. still early for glock though. o_O

Last Edited:
Cops, just like "real" people have the same fallibilities (in spite of their narcissism). I personally only know three people outside of the military (and military training is no guarantee either) with who I felt completely safe at the range. One of them actually was a narco detective working with the LACSD's heavy offenders bureau back in the 80's during the height of the (dirty phony) "war" on (some drugs). The other was his son (a friend of some 35 years). And the third... probably better that I not talk about him. Good guy though.

I don't like going to the range when lots of people are there. Many, many people (in general) that I see there are careless, negligent, and just plain stupid and irresponsible. Most of them are tweeked out on super spiked coffee or some other kind of legal stimulant and seem to always be in too much of a hurry to practice proper safety habits.

The fact is that one of the largest expenses in any agency's budget is training. Specialized training sucks up multiple off duty man hours, not to mention tax payer dollars, and is one of the first things that gets rationed (Hey, they have to protect those pensions, right?
And this is where the problems first begin to germinate. And if the staff already has a "gr"itty attitude to begin with (as seems the case with the officer in this account), it only compounds the probability of problems arising. And who ends up flipping the bill when when a department gets sued? Us, the taxpayers, not individual officer or the department.

I believe that bozos like this cop, among many others who've been involved (with impunity) in questionable incidents were the inspiration for the various modified (LE) triggers like the heavy departmental Glocks, and the SAS or DAO Sig Saurs, etc.

I've never been a fan of these kind of modifications and have coined them as "Spaz proof triggers". Funny thing is they seem to be quite prominent within many LE agencies. Coincidence? Hmmmm

Regarding cops and guns and gun safety....

I used to work with an NRA instructor years ago. He would teach different departments all around Portland at various different ranges as well as civilian classes. He told me many times that cops in general were not only the worst shots, but horrible about muzzle control. He told me tales that would raise the hair on the back of your neck basically making the average department sound like it was manned by the Keystone cops. He had been swept by so many cops during practice drills that he started wearing body armor when teaching cops... not civvies, just cops o_O. Apparently it was fairly routine to have a cop shoot the ceiling or floor during practice.... lol.... his advice was if a cop draws on you, stand still and you should be safe.
Now obviously this doesn't apply to all cops, and I suspect that any cops reading this are "gun guys" (or gals) and probably not in the above mentioned group.

I was at a neighbors house (he is former military) That we have had dinner with a few times...acquaintances (meeting your neighbors type of thing) The topic of guns come up, from him, and he starts showing my wife a gun he bought for his wife. I have taught her about STRICT muzzle safety (using dowel rods to show how easy or hard it can be to sweep yourself/others).

He continually barrel sweeps her, and I start heading to him while she is doing a dance trying to stay away from the muzzle (he doesn't even realize). By the time I got to him she had already asked to see the pistol.....

She takes the pistol, drops the mag...LOADED.....then clears the slide.....LOADED....She puts the gun down on the living room table... said that she wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home.

I picked up what she was putting down, so I said; I'll walk you home. The whole walk home and for an hour or two afterwards we talked about how dangerous the whole thing was and why muzzle safety is so important. She wasn't upset, just could not believe how simple safety was never a priority when handling a firearm.

Haven't been back to the neighbors house since.

I was at a neighbors house (he is former military) That we have had dinner with a few times...acquaintances (meeting your neighbors type of thing) The topic of guns come up, from him, and he starts showing my wife a gun he bought for his wife. I have taught her about STRICT muzzle safety (using dowel rods to show how easy or hard it can be to sweep yourself/others).

He continually barrel sweeps her, and I start heading to him while she is doing a dance trying to stay away from the muzzle (he doesn't even realize). By the time I got to him she had already asked to see the pistol.....

She takes the pistol, drops the mag...LOADED.....then clears the slide.....LOADED....She puts the gun down on the living room table... said that she wasn't feeling well and wanted to go home.

I picked up what she was putting down, so I said; I'll walk you home. The whole walk home and for an hour or two afterwards we talked about how dangerous the whole thing was and why muzzle safety is so important. She wasn't upset, just could not believe how simple safety was never a priority when handling a firearm.

:eek: I give you credit for not lighting the guy up one side and down the next!! If someone sweeps me let alone my wife or a loved one they are going to hear about it. :mad:

I literally would have told the guy to "do not move" and asked him to put the pistol down so we could clear it or check to see that it is clear.

After a gun is clear, it's just a club, but the imperative part is actually making sure that it is clear. I never take anyone's word for it that a gun is clear unless I have checked it personally.

Got my new girlfriend into shooting and she wanted a CPL, I walked her to the King county courthouse because it is way to shady around that neighborhood to let her walk alone.

I check my pistol in and it goes ok, except for when I said I wanted a receipt for dropping off my gun into a box I didn't get to get a key for. Sherriff A looks at me like I'm crazy and asks why I need a receipt. I told him because I just put my gun in a box that I'm not in control or possession of and if it isn't in there when I come back I want a piece of paper saying that I had one in there. Sherriff tells me it will be there when I get back. I tell him, "you cannot guarantee that but whatever you say sir" we part ways, but seriously, that's some first class BS right there.

Girlfriend gets her CPL extortion fee paid and does the penalty fingerprint for being a law abiding citizen. I talk to sherrif B and ask him to get someone to let me get my pistol back. Sheriff C shows up, walks me back, I get my pistol and strap it on, he asks me what kind. I tell him the same kind he has on, a Glock 17 Gen 4. He tells me it's not the same, tells me he has a Gen 7. I told him I had never heard of that. (Totally just going with it not trying to sound sarcastic about the absurdity) he proceeds to pull his loaded gun out of the holster, flags me in doing so, looks at it and reads the slide that it's a Glock 17 Gen 4 and proceeds to holster. Not everyone who carries a gun is a gun person.

I was happy to get out of that place with my life. Lol

Tis why I will not relinquish my firearm to any LEO unless there is a shooting. In Wa, the lowly citizens (subjects to the crown) are required to surrender our CC piece if the traffic officer feels threatened during a traffic stop.... EFFF that!!!:mad:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top