JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If someone violates 1639 locally, specifically an unsecured firearm is stolen from someone and used in a crime...how does that stay at the state level?

If it was grandstanding, Bob Ferguson wouldn't have threatened Sheriff Bob Songer with prosecution if he fails to enforce 1639.

If someone violates 1639 locally, specifically an unsecured firearm is stolen from someone and used in a crime...how does that stay at the state level?

If it was grandstanding, Bob Ferguson wouldn't have threatened Sheriff Bob Songer with prosecution if he fails to enforce 1639.

Yeah I dont know. Maybe, but I dont think safe storage requirements will be enforced even in King County because it's too vague. That part is a joke. I was mostly referring to the age requirement, training requirements and HIPPA waiver.

Funny that the state officials are threatening people who are refusing to follow their laws, yet the officials are the same people that are refusing to follow federal law.

Two more sheriffs are on board shunning 1639.
YAKIMA, WA – The Yakima County Sheriff's Office has joined a number of law enforcement agencies who have said they will not enforce Initiative 1639, Washington's new gun law.
Sheriff, Robert Udell says the decision was made collectively by the department.
Yakima County Sheriff's will not enforce I-1639 | Fox 11 Tri Cities Fox 41 Yakima

ADAMS COUNTY - Adams County Sheriff Dale Wagner is joining a growing list of sheriffs across the state saying they will not enforce Initiative 1639.
Adams County sheriff says he won't enforce I-1639

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR