JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have a G30S slide on a Gen 4 29 frame? That sounds like a pretty good setup.
I do. It works quite nicely.

I, being a weirdo, like the larger beavertail backstrap on the Gen4 frame, in addition to the LH magazine release (I'm a righty, but use my index finger to release the mag due to stubby, retarded thumbs). I also have a G20 smooth face trigger and polished 3.5lb connector in the G29 frame.

The G30s slide is noticeably thinner than the G30/29 slide when carried.

My G29 slide is setup for outdoors use with an extended/threaded barrel and a Trijicon RMR. Not the ideal IWB setup, but great in a chest holster in the middle of a river.

I've also used 45 SMC and 45 Super through the G30s. I could probably have this as my only handgun and have it serve all my needs.

I do. It works quite nicely.

I, being a weirdo, like the larger beavertail backstrap on the Gen4 frame, in addition to the LH magazine release (I'm a righty, but use my index finger to release the mag due to stubby, retarded thumbs).

The G30s slide is noticeably thinner than the G30/29 slide when carried.

My G29 slide is setup for outdoors use with an extended/threaded barrel and a Trijicon RMR. Not the ideal IWB setup, but great in a chest holster in the middle of a river.

I've also used 45 SMC and 45 Super through the G30s. I could probably have this as my only handgun and have it serve all my needs.
I am picking up a G29 gen 4 this weekend. There are quite a few G30 slide assemblies on ebay. The Gen 3 slides are cheaper than the Gen 4 slides. Lots of conversion barrel options as well. Have you tried the xgrip sleeves on full size mags in yours?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews