JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Handsome pistols!
I'll take a Webley/Fosbury though! They're so fuggly it's beautiful!:D

View attachment 321593

I saw an animation someone did for a modern version of this. I dont care how impractical it is, I'd love to have one

ab0swh6.gif

They shoot nice. Accuracy is good, and with the comp on the recoil is significantly lower than a S&W. Firing from the 6 o'clock position, and the SA action contribute to the lighter recoil as well. I have heard of the grips cracking from recoil, and replacements are hard to come by, so mine only has 12 rounds through it. I had mine transferred from Cabelas in Scarborough, Maine in 2008. Pretty sure I paid 1595.00. Looks as though they go for around 3,500 now. Not at all practical, but I've got plenty other guns that are.

Shooting a Mateba is somewhat similar to shooting a Chiappa Rhino (low axis), but even further reduced recoil.

Mine are both 357's, but I do have a 38spcl conversion spring that I need to try out sometime, which would hopefully extend lifetime of parts/grips/etc.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top