JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Say what?

Not sure if posting this link breaks any new forum rules. My apologies if it does.

I just have never seen anything like this before, sure the Dardick.. But thats a self loading revolver, not a true semi auto revolver. I was skeptical until halfway through when he shows how it reciprocates.

Mateba is one of those guns I'd like to have but could not shoot because it is such a collector item (plus costs thousands of dollars)
If anyone on the forum was to aquire one Im sure it would be between you and PlayboyPenguin :D
In either case Id be massively jelous

by the way, Emilio Ghisoni who designed the mateba also designed the Chiappa Rhino. You can see the similarities in look
Definitely. At first I was very skeptical.. Thinking it was a spoof video with a custom barrel to give it that movie menacing look.
But sure enough when the entire barrel and cylinder cycled back I was shocked.

The price tag of $3,000 for one would make me think twice.
I would order a new Coonan .357 Magnum for half of that if I wanted a semi auto in that caliber.

Handsome pistols!
I'll take a Webley/Fosbury though! They're so fuggly it's beautiful!:D

IMG_0505.JPG

Last Edited:
The Mateba is at least twenty-five years old.

It felt as odd to shoot as it looked. I fired one in .357Mag back in the days and recall that the dealer sold them off cheaply because they were so darned weird.

And the Dardick could also be converted into a very ungainly-looking carbine that was as ergonomic as a wood-plane handle on an anvil.

tac

The Webley-Fosbery semi auto revolver was definitively an odd duck, I remember reading about them a few years ago in American rifleman.

Webley-Fosbery

The grooves milled into the cylinder mated with a protruding piece of metal at the bottom Of the frame, and the angularity of the grooves provided for a ramp effect which reciprocated the top of the frame (the slide?) upon firing, which cocked the hammer back. Pretty interesting, but you had to keep it extremely clean. Cool idea, but to me it seems to defeat the simplicity of a revolver's action.

IMG_1288.JPG

Holey moley! Someone has managed to hit the tri-fecta.
- ugly
- stupid
- unneccessary
The last 2 times that level of unfortunate creation was attained (that immediately come to mind)...
...was Hillary Clinton's and Barry Sotero's mothers.

Holey moley! Someone has managed to hit the tri-fecta.
- ugly
- stupid
- unneccessary
The last 2 times that level of unfortunate creation was attained (that immediately come to mind)...
...was Hillary Clinton's and Barry Sotero's mothers.
... and now you totally want one, right?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top