JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A gentleman in KY want to buy my Sig. Never done this before. How does this usually go? Who generally pays the shipping? I know I have to ship thru a local FFl. How much do they usually charge? Thanks

Buyer pays shipping typically. Find the ffl you want to use and get a shipped price. Have your ffl talk with his ffl so they can exchange licenses. Payment can be tricky for the buyer. I prefer usps money order. I can go to the post office and make sure it is valid before putting it in the bank. Avoid PayPal like the plague. Other money apps can also be problematic. Bank drafts, cashiers checks and personal checks can and often are fake. There are a lot of scammers out there, so usps money order is the best way to stop fraud.

On another note fed ex and ups only allow firearm shipping through a ffl now. Not even long guns. Usps isn't an option. If its a handgun, it has to ship via ffl to ffl.

It all depends on the deal struck between 2 parties involves. A lot of time shipping us split, or seller pays the shipping a lot of times , because the buyer has to pay the back ground check as I NICS check and transfer fees if shipped to a buyer to fill out paperwork to buy through the buyers FFL.

I see some guys trying to pawn insurance shipping costs off onto the.buyer. That duesnt benefit the buyer in ANY WAY what so ever.

The reason being is that A person as the seller receives the money for his gun he is selling, and at THAT point the responsibility of the buyer is done and complete . After thstnits the sellers total responsibility to get the item shipped to the buyer if it's not a modern gun, or to an FFL IF it is. Also insurance is ONLY CLAIMED by the person who SHIPPED the item to make an insurance claim on the event that the item or fin is lost.

The buyer CANNOT file a claim for lost item or gun he or she did not ship.

So anyone trying to pin the insurance cost on a buyer is really padding his pocket book with no morals as far as I'm concerned. That's basically getting your cake and eating it too on the part of the seller. Poor ethics. I tend not to do business with such people who do that.

Thats the just of it all and that's coming from a very well experienced guy buying and selling and shipping manyyyyy guns ftom all over the country in my life, abd working at my late uncle's gun and gunsmithing shop and business he had over 40 yrs.

Hope this helps. 😀

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top