JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couldn't come up with any other reason he wouldn't like glocks. I don't get the hate on guns you don't own except cheap guns.

And sorry about the hands

Shot a friend's Glock 30 just this past weekend down in Lebanon. Once again the finger bumps made it unpleasant for my NBA sized mitts, the whole thing feeling as if it were squirming in my hand under recoil. I shoot every Glock I have a chance to fire just see if there is even one that doesn't have a sucktastic grip feel while actually firing.

I dislike Glocks, no secret. My deal is that whenever someone proposes dumping one, there's a chorus of people, and it happened in this thread, who suggest he'll miss the thing. They act as if the pistol isn't extraordinarily common and that its reliability isn't statistically matched by several other pistols of its class.

My bet is that no matter how he feels about his Glock today, chances are pretty good he'll never miss it at all should he get rid of it.

Will a vehicle that only costs $2K be reliable enough to get you where you need to go when you want to go there?

If you know what you're buying then yes. You can go spend 40K on a new car and have it dump the engine out it the next day if you don't know what your doing. Price =/= quality.

I agree completely DieselScout. I've been driving a '97 Thunderbird that I picked up for $600 for 2 1/2years now and I've only had to spend $80 for a new alternator in that time. The reason I want a Jeep XJ is because they are known for their reliability and versatility.

From the prices I have seen on some jeeps,$2k doesn't buy very much.
Don't know about down there but jeeps are freeking expensive up in pugetropolis. 80s for $5k and up?

I'm with cortes on which gun to sell,but I would never buy a keltec.
Plus I would guess there are way more mags out there for a glock 9mm than almost any other gun.Probably the first reason I have the glock 19 and 34.

I bought this 1990 Pathfinder on Craigslist for $1300, have put about $600 into it over the last year and a half, and it's been a great vehicle. Older Isuzu Troopers are great rigs for the money too. Just give them a good inspection first.

Any day you can rid yourself of a Glock is a good one because it can always be replaced by a better pistol, but you won't get much Jeep for 2k. Take the advice on using the cash for supplies.

I'll take my Glock 19 over any pistol out there. Even my beloved 1911A1s.

Well maybe not over my beloved 1911s but any other gun out there.

And +100 for the troopers. A 4cyl,5 spd will get you 20mpg and go anywhere.
My buddy just asked me why I sold mine and looking back on it,the truck I fixed with the trooper money was a POS that I should have taken the cummins out of and sold.
I'm in the market for another trooper now.
Then a VW diesel to go in it. BTW there are kits for VW diesels out there for most smaller SUVs 30mpg and they will crawl from what I have seen.
Remember,diesels can burn veggy oil if set up right

I bought this 1990 Pathfinder on Craigslist for $1300, have put about $600 into it over the last year and a half, and it's been a great vehicle. Older Isuzu Troopers are great rigs for the money too. Just give them a good inspection first.

Good looking Pathfinder!!

Well maybe not over my beloved 1911s but any other gun out there.

And +100 for the troopers. A 4cyl,5 spd will get you 20mpg and go anywhere.
My buddy just asked me why I sold mine and looking back on it,the truck I fixed with the trooper money was a POS that I should have taken the cummins out of and sold.
I'm in the market for another trooper now.
Then a VW diesel to go in it. BTW there are kits for VW diesels out there for most smaller SUVs 30mpg and they will crawl from what I have seen.
Remember,diesels can burn veggy oil if set up right

A buddy of mine sold his Trooper a year or so ago, and regrets it.

i like the VW van better.

I don't like Glocks. I just don't. For shooting pleasure I prefer a Smith & Wesson or Beretta double action autoloader.

But a Glock is what I trust for my daily carry. Every time I squeeze the trigger a slug comes out of the spout. And I can't say that for so many others.

I don't like Kool Aid either.:p

Bugging out could be incredibly dangerous. Bugging in is the best plan.

Buy preps for bugging in.

General rule of thumb is that I wouldn't sell my guns.

Do you already have a vehicle? If so, just use that.

I don't like Glocks. I just don't. For shooting pleasure I prefer a Smith & Wesson or Beretta double action autoloader.

But a Glock is what I trust for my daily carry. Every time I squeeze the trigger a slug comes out of the spout. And I can't say that for so many others.

I don't like Kool Aid either.:p

A healthy fraction of the Glock owner base has long fallen for the canard that the line of pistols has a significant reliability advantage over other name brand makes when that is just not statistically true. This phenomenon accounts for two things: the growing amount of "recovering" ex-Glock owners on Glock Talk who were shooting the pistols while not liking them; and the burgeoning popularity of the S&W M&P after only five years on the market as an alternative to the Glock's poor ergonomics as many people are tired of "having to adapt" to the pistol rather than have the pistol adapt to them.

Actually the main reason to buy a glock is that it does in fact function as well or better than anything out there for a fraction of the price .
Now that everyone has copied glocks for a large fraction of their fire arms,ie: plastic,ugliness,configuration,price,this doesn't hold true any more.

It's just stupid to say that glocks are bad guns,when they function very well and are accurate as most humans.
Better guns? Sure

JEEZUZ,Studio BK ,and anyone else asking simple questions like this,don't use the brand of gun.Then you won't start a pissin' match over the gun and not the actual question you wanted answered.
Heck if you would have said keltec then I would have sounded as stupid as some boater does in this thread.

Actually the main reason to buy a glock is that it does in fact function as well or better than anything out there for a fraction of the price .
Now that everyone has copied glocks for a large fraction of their fire arms,ie: plastic,ugliness,configuration,price,this doesn't hold true any more.

It's just stupid to say that glocks are bad guns,when they function very well and are accurate as most humans.
Better guns? Sure

JEEZUZ,Studio BK ,and anyone else asking simple questions like this,don't use the brand of gun.Then you won't start a pissin' match over the gun and not the actual question you wanted answered.
Heck if you would have said keltec then I would have sounded as stupid as some boater does in this thread.

You're the one who derailed the thread with a hissy fit over my opinion that dumping a Glock is a good idea when you could have just ignored it. I didn't say that Glocks "were bad" in my first post. I said that he could always buy a better pistol and I stand by my opinion that there are better service pistols out there now than the stuck in 80's amber G-things. You yourself says that Glock no longer has a competitive advantage save for price, and lots of people out there have discovered "your truth" for themselves.

I guess I need more information to give you a true opinion. Like do you live in the middle of a large city or out in the woods this will let me know what traffic will be like and like some said you might be on foot real quick because of crashes or riots. Also do you have a true bug out location or just feel the need to get away.

Hitting a curb at high speed even in a jeep could leave your jeep with a busted front end real quick been there done that so they are not perfect for everything.

Now for getting rid of the Glock I feel once you have a firearm you need to think hard about getting rid of it. If you don’t have the means to get the jeep now will you be able to replace a firearm later as the economy gets worse and prices go up. It does not matter what brand firearm you may be after prices aren’t going down. I understand you have others to choose from I just say think about it.

I agree with others food and water or warm clothes extra boots and socks might be of greater value than a jeep you can’t get fuel for in bad times. So if you do sell it I like this option better.

Now for the Glock vs whatever vs whatever. I am no expert but have spent 25 plus years in the firearms industry and shooting local competition to stay prepared. I own Glock 19s because they fit my hand and I shoot them well, very well in fact. But I would trust my life with the M&P, XD, XDM and even the Ruger SR9. I am not a 1911 fan because the tight target guns make good groups but do not work well in a dirty environment and the loose ones work well in the field but no longer shoot any better than any other firearm but that is my opinion based on my experience.

The fact is you have to trust what you carry and if you don’t get rid of it. Even a Hi Point that you trust and shoot well is better than a Glock or 1911 you are not comfortable with.

Do not take anybody’s word for it try to shoot as many as you can then make a decision. Opinions are like A-Holes everybody has one and they are all full of Sh**. This includes My opinion!!!!

Have a great day

Do the people who don't think one should have a bug out vehicle not work/go outside of their home?

When the 2001 Nisqually earthquake hit I was working in Renton. It took an hour or two before I could leave work (I parked in a parking garage and civil engineers had to approve allowing us to get our vehicles out of it, deduct point for bad choice of parking). I did live just over a mile from work and could have walked if necessary (add point). When I got to some railroad tracks between work and home there were cars sitting there with the R/R guards down and lights flashing. There was no train. The shifting of the earth set off the warning and people were actually sitting there waiting. Since I had my Jeep I just drove around the cars, up over the tracks, and back onto the road to get home (add point).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top