JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, I'll keep it short. Been carrying a Gen 4 Glock 19 for almost a year now. Love it A LOT!!! But, I recently picked up a Kel-Tec PF9 and haven't carried the Glock for about a month now. The Kel-Tec is just so much more concealable. Saving up some cash right now for a BOV (bug out vehicle). Only looking to spend @ $2,000 for a cheap Jeep XJ, the cash I could get from my Glock sure would come in handy. Help me decide what to do!!! Thanks guys!

Unless you are stocked up on emergency supplies, I would sell the Glock and put the money towards actual supplies (think food, water, shelter, toiletries, other stuff I can't think of at the moment). For me, the probability of using a BOV is much lower than having to use the supplies I have stocked up. This is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

I know what you're saying. I am stocked up some, could always use more. I should have clarified that I'm not just thinking a 4x4 vehicle for bugging out only. Also in case of snow storms (current DD is a Thunderbird), earthquakes (roads damaged, covered in debris), civil unrest (ability to hop a curb and get out of danger). These are things that I think are more plausible than actually having to bug out.

Remember two is one and one is none. Just a thought but I would say that having a back up gun can't hurt, especially since both are 9mm so they share ammunition. Then again, with times being what they are and cash being tight sometimes you have to part with something to get something else, so I suppose it comes down to what do you feel you need more? A backup weapon that you know is reliable or a 4x4 that may or may not be solid?

Remember two is one and one is none. Just a thought but I would say that having a back up gun can't hurt, especially since both are 9mm so they share ammunition. Then again, with times being what they are and cash being tight sometimes you have to part with something to get something else, so I suppose it comes down to what do you feel you need more? A backup weapon that you know is reliable or a 4x4 that may or may not be solid?

Yeah that's my difficulty. I bought the Glock because it's solid and I will be able to rely on it. Plus I also have a Sub 2000 in Glock 9mm config. Tough decision for sure.

I say hold onto you're guns and just slowly save for that XJ, I'm a jeep fan myself and I have a lifted 99XJ for my daily driver, they are nice. Just make sure you get one with the unstoppable 4.0L straight 6 and you will be happy.

How much have you shot that PF9? I have one that I wouldn't sell to someone I didn't like. It is great to carry, but when you go to shoot it, it fails to fire. Almost every magazine I get a strike on the primer but no bang.

Need to send it to Keltec, they will fix it, but what a pain. Bought a glock. It always goes bang.

How about something like this for your BOV? You can run down curbs and medium sized treez with no problem.

m925_2_of_8.jpg

How much have you shot that PF9? I have one that I wouldn't sell to someone I didn't like. It is great to carry, but when you go to shoot it, it fails to fire. Almost every magazine I get a strike on the primer but no bang.

Need to send it to Keltec, they will fix it, but what a pain. Bought a glock. It always goes bang.

I've ran about 250 rounds through the PF9. Only malfunction I've had is one stovepipe.

I agree completely DieselScout. I've been driving a '97 Thunderbird that I picked up for $600 for 2 1/2years now and I've only had to spend $80 for a new alternator in that time. The reason I want a Jeep XJ is because they are known for their reliability and versatility.

From the prices I have seen on some jeeps,$2k doesn't buy very much.
Don't know about down there but jeeps are freeking expensive up in pugetropolis. 80s for $5k and up?

I'm with cortes on which gun to sell,but I would never buy a keltec.
Plus I would guess there are way more mags out there for a glock 9mm than almost any other gun.Probably the first reason I have the glock 19 and 34.

Well maybe I am a dummy here, but it seems unlikely you can get much of a Jeep for $2k.

Besides, don't you want something that will drive over trees, fences, and rocks with impunity?

Any day you can rid yourself of a Glock is a good one because it can always be replaced by a better pistol, but you won't get much Jeep for 2k. Take the advice on using the cash for supplies.

When SHTF the extra rounds and reliability of the glock will come in handy more than the kel-tec. If I were you I would just sell the kel-tec and keep the glock, cause in a SHTF situation you will probably regret selling the glock.

maybe my opinion is a bit weird here....but I am in favor of keeping any firearms you already have due to avoiding future background check situations.

the fewer registered firearms the better.....there will always be a need and a market for a serviceable Glock so if a true emergency ever arises you can probably get most of your cash value back out of the Glock.

tell me, which do you suppose it will be harder to acquire post SHTF? A 4x4 vehicle, gasoline, or a Glock? I don't know what #1 would be But I'm pretty darn sure that of he 3 a 4x4 vehicle will be the easiest to come by. keep your Glock and invest in ammo, gasoline, food or saving up for a 4x4.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top