JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Just like the title says, I'm seeking a nice lightly used model 686 (or 586) -- PRE-LOCK only. Pre MIM preferred. 6" barrel is preferred, but I'll go longer or shorter for the right gun. I'm not interested in a high-round-count beater. Must lock up tight, have a good bore, and good timing.

An unusually nice Model 19 or model 27 could work too, but it would have to be an early one (ideally with a serrated trigger) and a 6"-8" barrel.

Looking for a FTF transaction in the Portland Metro area. I have an OR DL and CHL for your inspection. Cash in hand for the right gun at a fair price.

please send me a PM with what you have!

thanks!

""Looked at a bunch, but haven't found the right one yet."

1) you did not spec out which generation: DASH: 1,2,3,4, 5..... 6 , etc....

2) or you did not find one at a low price....

Wrong on all counts -- pretty much any pre-lock version at a reasonable price would work. I'd prefer a pre MIM or even a pinned and recessed gun, and would pay more accordingly. I'm not looking to steal anyone's gun -- I have been expecting to spend between $500-$700, depending on the model, which is what dealers are selling them for.

The issue with looking at older guns is that people tend to have a pretty divergent notion of what "good" condition is. I'm looking for revolver which has been well cared for and still locks up tight and indexes well. Literally all of the older revolvers I have looked at recently have been very heavily used, and in some cases abused -- warped cranes, mushroomed forcing cones, covered with dings and scratches, pitted with rust, etc. That's what I mean by "haven't found the right one yet."

"I have been expecting to spend between $500-$700"....within that range [depending on local FFL rip-off-fees ] you'll prolly can find a nice one outside your area... But it is early before the gun-rut season...
No interest in the S&W 66's...?

No interest in the S&W 66's...?

I have had a couple Model 66 over the years -- nice guns, no doubt -- fits well in the hand, well balanced, and proportioned. But I always worried about cracks developing at the bottom of the forcing cone where it is so thin. . . it is a known issue with the otherwise excellent guns, and one of the reasons that S&W discontinued them in favor of the 686.

That said, I suppose I would consider a really nice pre-lock specimen with a 3" or greater barrel at a good price. . .

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.