JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Maybe its nothing but at 0:56 & 1:26 in the video @1080p setting it looks like a Matrix Style Bullet trail into the target. Didn't know you could see this stuff on video or in real life

Is that what I'm seeing......

The first time I saw bullets traveling down the range was back in '87 at Ft. Campbell, KY. I got to go to an M16 course where all we did was shoot all day, every day for a week or two (I don't remember exactly how long it was). On the final day we had to shoot targets at 500 meters. The instructors had set up a spotting scope and let us watch the bullets as they traveled down the range. It was pretty cool.

Ray

It's pretty cool to actually see the trajectory. I've watched a lot of videos on the internet but never saw that before.

The first time I saw bullets traveling down the range was back in '87 at Ft. Campbell, KY. I got to go to an M16 course where all we did was shoot all day, every day for a week or two (I don't remember exactly how long it was). On the final day we had to shoot targets at 500 meters. The instructors had set up a spotting scope and let us watch the bullets as they traveled down the range. It was pretty cool.

Ray

First time I saw the bullet flight in a video was of a guy shooting .300 Win Mag loaded with TSX's hunting big horn sheep. Pretty cool.

I think the visually apparent waves is caused by the displacement of the atmosphere (possibly the water vapor/humidity?) from a super sonic projectile.

Back in the late 70's I shot a Charter Arms Bulldog in 41 Special. I could see the bullet travel the 100 yards to the burm. The light must have been just right and they were pretty slow out of that short barrel.

I was out a while back with @tarster and I was watching bullets fly out at some distance on the .308's.

I've watched some .44Mag fly to the 200y mark, some .38 specials do the same. quite the lob.

I was out a while back with @tarster and I was watching bullets fly out at some distance on the .308's.

I've watched some .44Mag fly to the 200y mark, some .38 specials do the same. quite the lob.

It would be interesting if we went out on a mildly foggy or misty kind of a day.. wonder if you could watch the trails in a light fog.

High Humidity will almost always show a vapor trail behind every shot, and if the light is right, you can actually see the bullets in flight! It's pretty cool, and spin drift is pretty fun to actually see! Sure shows just what is happening to the bullets as they leave the muzzle all the way to the target! I went to Marine Corps rifle match one year , the Marines were shooting .300 wim mag, watching the bullets from right behind the shooter, shifting with the wind was simply awesome, man those guys could shoot! I remember watching shot after shot and trying to figure out where the shooter was having to hold to get three different wind directions figured out and get a scoring hit!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top