JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody read the editorial in the Seattle Sunday Times by Jenny Durkan, the US Attorney for the Western District of Washington?

Op-ed: Our gun-control laws are not stopping gun violence | Opinion | The Seattle Times

She appears to hold the belief, as does Obama, that having used a shotgun she is now an expert on the 2nd Amendment and the central part hunting plays in it. Yea, I know she's full of it and I expect the Times will always print stuff like this. I wrote to her office and stated my disagreement with her point of view and especially using her position to make misleading and false statements. I copied the e-mail to my State and D.C. legislators.

Her e-mail, at least for her PR office is: [email protected]

As I have posted on another thread:
Gun violence is not just a law-enforcement matter, it is a public-health issue. We must do a better job educating people about guns and gun safety, we must examine and change the prevalence of violence in our culture, and we must better diagnose and treat mental illness.
Making it a "public health issue" will ensure that those owning weapons will be charged higher medical premiums just like they are doing to smokers.

[QUOTE=One gun sold like this was used weeks later to kill Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton.[/QUOTE

I have not heard much about this case but looking for the last few mins, the suspect was a Criminal justice student, and had no prior record. So he could have bought the gun at any gun store. At least form what i can find. Am I correct?
If this is the case then the facet that he bought the gun at a gun show is irreverent. He would have passed any background cheek.

One gun sold like this was used weeks later to kill Seattle police Officer Timothy Brenton.

I have not heard much about this case but looking for the last few mins, the suspect was a Criminal justice student, and had no prior record. So he could have bought the gun at any gun store. At least form what i can find. Am I correct?
If this is the case then the facet that he bought the gun at a gun show is irreverent. He would have passed any background cheek.

I don't know whether he was a student or otherwise, but until he became a suspect in the Brenton slaying, you're right, this guy had no hard criminal background that would have prevented him from legally buying a gun.

it seems only jenny can be trusted with a gun all others (the serfs) need looking after. If i want to give my grandson a marlin 60 22lr at 14 what business is it of jenny or the government all I am asking for is that same unencumbered right. and we wont be cutting down any stocks.

And you should! That was my first "real" gun at right about that age. I got my first straight-A report card, and the following monday there was a nice used Marlin 60 unexpectedly sitting in my room when I got home from school, courtesy of my dad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top