JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't a person have a certain amount of privacy expected in thier home?

you can't stand naked in front of the big picture window facing the street as children walk by, I am sure the popo will pay a visit and you will be jailed for indecent exposure.

But say you are upstairs, the bathroom window facing the street only goes as low as your shoulder, but then this yahoo comes by with his drone, and takes a picture of you aunatural or better you yet your wife or minor child?

His drone is up at an angle to see the "good parts" I think he is violating your rights.

That principal is what will determine if he is right or wrong, legal or not.

Also who owns the air space and for how far over your property? I think you get to shot the darn thing down if in the country using VP Joe's shotgun. In the city paintball gun? Net? rock?

Where did he get a "drone" in the first place??
The term 'drone' is somewhat generic and relatively new. Unmanned, scale radio controlled aircraft (UAV's) have been available for years and I am not referring to just planes. Scale R/C blimps used for aerial photography have been around for a long time. I knew guys 'early on' who were affixing small video cams to very slow flying R/C fixed wing aircraft. Try to catch a military history show on drones and you will see how it all started.

Ah ok. When I think of "Drone" I think of some high tech military/government device.

I know all about R/C helicopters, and airplanes, and such, as I used to build and fly them extensively. I just don't normally associate the term "drone" with them. I can see how they could be used for a very similar purpose though.

Creepy is right.

Radio controlled model airplanes have been around since 1933

I saw my first camera in a R/C plane in about 1973 granted the film had to be developed.

You do not have any rights to the air over your property

You do have a right to expect privacy in places your not out in public. Like the above mentioned upstairs room in your house.

Should someone be operating a flying camera in such a manner to invade your privacy you would have ground for a civil case against them.

If you shoot one down you best be legal to shoot where you are and you best make sure where that round is going to hit the ground. You could also be labial for the destruction of private property.

I personally think the chances of this ever being common enough to worry about is so small I'll rather worry about dying from drinking tanted water.

Aerial trespassing....It applies to power lines on someones property so I don't see how a plane ON YOUR PROPERTY (especially hovering) would not be considered the same?
I agree, good practice for bird season!

yea i wouldnt be too happy with it either. i have been working on a little uav project of my own (which is still at the self education point) to use as part of home security. these things could cost as little as $500 fully loaded but with very little flight time. the most expensive ones will only fly for about 12-15 minutes. such a thing could be linked to your motion lights and fly automatically to the location to shine more light and record what is out there (and yes that can be done for less than $500).

as far as going to someone elses home to fly it over head is uncalled for and someone should have taken it down for the guy. they are pretty easy to take down but very stable otherwise. you have have to at least disable one of the rotors. yes, casting a line to it would do nicely and allow you to pick one up for free being as it came from the public airways and landed in your property, im pretty sure that makes it yours.

Years ago I built some rc planes,at that time there was a craze with "Combat planes".Maybe its time for a new breed of combat plane or drone to protect your property,and have a little fun while your at it...

I've been playing with a rc quad copter lately and it's a ton of fun. It's got a live video feed and a go pro that records the flights in 1080p. Super stable platform. I heard alot of talk on the radio today about people flying these over other peoples property and if it's legal. Personally I would never fly over somebodys property without their permission. I can however fly over my property up to 400'.

Here's a pic I took the other day. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368681790.416218.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368681790.416218.jpg

You can solve the whole problem with a golf ball size METEORITE. Throw it at the guys head, knock him out, and when the cops show up and ask what happened, say, "i'm not sure, it might have been GOD... this meteorite hit him in the head as he was filming my house with a drone".... :cool:

You gave the cops a true story
God may have placed that meteorite in your life for a reason ;)
you did not admit that you threw the meteorite just that it hit him in the head...

Can you guys tell i've been watching how our government gets away with all kinds of crap? :s0112:

As soon as these are flown over a few politician's houses or the media party's houses then there will be some "laws" made. Probably with exceptions so the politicians and media party can use them on others. ;)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top