JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have said for years that I was going to do some formal training. I grew up on a farm, got my first rifle over 35 years ago. However other than hunters safety and Boy Scouts have never had any real instruction. I honestly am a pretty poor shot. My 15 yard pistol groups are probably 6-8" and I am pretty lucky to shoot 6-8" groups at 100 yards with open sights. (Rested with optics of course better). Anyway I know I am not a great shot. I am way out of practice. In my youth I shot on more than one league and was shooting tens of thousands of rounds a year. These days I am lucky to put 1000 rds down range a year. I just have not made time to shoot and it's such a pain around Seattle to do the kind of shooting I really enjoy. Anyway I want to change that. Find some training that is close enough that it's not a huge inconvenience to do continuing skill building workshops over a period of months or years. Interested in both handgun and carbine instruction and eventually would like to participate in 3 gun or something similar.

Any recommendations ?

Not ideal as its a 4 hour round trip. Insight in Bellevue was another I saw. I would like some feedback from someone who has experience attending some of these places.

Not ideal as its a 4 hour round trip. Insight in Bellevue was another I saw. I would like some feedback from someone who has experience attending some of these places.
Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS) is an outstanding training choice and good value for the money. They are also located 2 hours from my home. I have attended a number of their courses over the years and will be leaving Sunday night to spend all next week (5 days) training with Massad Ayoob at FAS.

I know this is an old thread, but I just took
Firearms Academy of Seattle (FAS) is an outstanding training choice and good value for the money. They are also located 2 hours from my home. I have attended a number of their courses over the years and will be leaving Sunday night to spend all next week (5 days) training with Massad Ayoob at FAS.
I know this is an old thread, but I just took two courses at FAS and can't recommend them enough. First was a three day IDPA bootcamp, and last weekend I did the MAG40 course by Ayoob. If you can swing taking Ayoob's class, definitely do it. It was outstanding.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top