JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've never actually purchased a scope and rings before (silly me). I only really have experience with 1 piece mounts on ar style rifles.

Anyways, I have a tikka t3 ctr stainless that I'm looking at mounting a leupold VX-f 3-9 on with a 40 mm objective.

From what I'm seeing, low rings SHOULD be fine. But I was wondering....
Because the stock has a small built in cheek riser/comb to it, would it benefit me to go with a little taller scope ring? Or just stick with as low of ring as possible?

Personally, I like to keep a Scope as low as possible on my Rifles. I also like the Leupold QR Rings because I also make sure the Rifle has been Zeroed in with the Iron Sights of it has any. The QR Rings also make exchanging Scopes if the first one becomes damaged.

Ok. Thats helpful. I'll plan on saving the couple bones and go for non qr as I have to irons. I have very little experience with bolt guns as this is my first.

Keep the scope as low to the bore axis as possible. My go to rings are one piece Talley light weights. Spend the time to lap and align them and you will have years of great service with them.

Keep the scope as low to the bore axis as possible. My go to rings are one piece Talley light weights. Spend the time to lap and align them and you will have years of great service with them.
Talley lightweights wont work on his CTR. it comes with a factory m1913 rail.

It's always amazes me that kit guns tend to come with Scopes mounted 3/8-1/2" above the barrel. I've never seen anyone with cheeks that low. Typically, I believe they come with "medium" rings and I often end up mounting "low" rings with results of less than 1/4" clearance which is much, much better. Granted, I shoot Savage and Remington so your Finnish model could be different....

Yesterday I read some instructions that suggested to put your scope on a stack of pennies on the rail to see how high your scope objective will sit above the barrel.
You might tape them and the scope in place to see thru the scope for "fit" then check specs for which height rings correspond to the height of that stack and buy that ring set.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top