JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So im looking for a scope for one of my AR's. Not looking for an ACOG, or Eotec, but was thinking along the lines of a Burris or leupold 3x9. Any suggestions? Something better?

What is the intended purpose for this scope? There are tons of scopes out there and most of them will fit on an AR.

The looks of the Burris seem to go well with the AR. Some traditional scopes just don't look right on an AR.

Leupold Mark 4 4.5-14 or Nightforce 3.5-15

If I had the money I would have one of those on mine this afternoon

Good taste! Out of the two, I would lean towards the Nightforce...

On a side note, I do have a Blue Ribbon Red-Dot just sitting around, if anyone is interested? I would put up a post, but don't really care if it sales or not...

1-4X24 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN SCOPE- $200.00 obo
The Designated Marksman Scope fills the requirements of the law enforcement officer, rifle shooter, and the big game hunter who needs a quick-sighting system at ranges of 5 yards to 500 yards. The "Dot-in-a-Donut" reticle allows for fast, natural aiming. The shooter\ís eye lines up the circle at close range, and the one MOA dot gives accuracy at the longer ranges. Range estimation is straight forward by use of the circle out to 500 yards. Compact design, 30mm tube, fully coated glass and bright illumination of the reticle are just a few of the many features of the DMS-1. Bright red illumination of the reticle adds to the quickness of the sighting system in day and low-light conditions. At 1 power it works well as a reflex sight and at longer ranges the 4X magnification gives increased accuracy.

LaRue Tactical SPR/M4 1.93" Mount QD LT-135-$180.00 obo
This is absolutely the best mount made for putting a high-power glass onto a flattop style AR-15, period. The cantilever throws the scope out front, allowing you to get the right eye relief.

P8260295.jpg

P8260299.jpg

I am ready to scope my AR also, I know the scope I want to use Nikon Monarch 3-12 x 42. My son has one, it's a fantastic scope, I like it much better than my other sons Leupold VX III 3x9. Just looking for the right mount. I like the larue stuff, just not sure which is the right mount for me.

I am ready to scope my AR also, I know the scope I want to use Nikon Monarch 3-12 x 42. My son has one, it's a fantastic scope, I like it much better than my other sons Leupold VX III 3x9. Just looking for the right mount. I like the larue stuff, just not sure which is the right mount for me.

With the 42 you'll need anything over 1" to get the proper cheek weld. I don't believe you will need the 1.93" model. The LT-104 is just about perfect. I would start with finding your eye relief distance.

Vinz

Just in case it would be of any help to you... I had on my carbine a Sightron 3-9 scope. It is a good scope but on the carbine seemed rather bulky and made the whole rig seem clumsy. I recently bought a Weaver 1-3 power scope and mounted it and it seems much more in line with the rifle. So far I have been very happy with it, about $150. new.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top