JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been kicking around the idea of mounting a scope on a Magnum Research BFR, if for no other reason I haven't done so in the past. I don't scope firearms very often, but if I can, stick with Leupold. Though not sure that is an option in this case.

Any recommendation? Thanks. :)

Leupold makes an FX2 in matte silver to go with stainless revolvers.

1615582775304.jpeg

I would read the warranty. In order to prevent a warranty denial later I'd also email the manufacturer and ask whether your intended application is compatible with the specific model scope you are considering. Keep that email in your files.

I have a 4x Leupold on my 45-70 Contender. I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 1.75x (IIRC) Contender scope on another barrel I got in trade. I liked that scope much better and put it on the 45-70 barrel. The 4x is nice and clear, but I have a very hard time finding the target and keeping it steady.

Last Edited:
Yeah. Put a rail on it, that way you can play with varied optics and positions, many long eye relief magnified scopes will work better mounted further forward. Have you considered a RDS? Personally I like black optics on stainless guns. What caliber is it?

Thanks for the notes. Hadn't really considered an RDS, but will do some research. Caliber is .50 Action Express.

I have a 4x Leupold on my 45-70 Contender. I don't like it as much as I thought I would. Got a 1.75x (IIRC) Contender scope on another barrel I got in trade. I liked that scope much better and put it on the 45-70 barrel. The 4x is nice and clear, but I have a very hard time finding the target and keeping it steady.

Anything over 2x on a pistol has to be a variable power, IMO

I'd put this baby on there and call it a day...
https://www.leupold.com/vx-3-handgun-25-8x32-duplex-riflescope

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top