JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just picked up a Traditions Outfitter single-shot rifle in 350 Legend and bought the scope base with rings. I looked up Traditions customer service phone number yesterday to ask them the torque on the scope screws and they are not open Thursday- Friday - Saturday or Sunday.
Does anyone know how much torque I should go with?.

The size and type of screw is what determines how much to torque is needed.
Just a guide line.

I would toss the screws and get good ones from Tacoma Screw to start with and use Vibratite.
Some things I will just use my calibrated eye but small screws for that application isn't one of them.

Using good hardware and proper tools is a lot less hassle than drilling out small screws.

The size and type of screw is what determines how much to torque is needed.
Just a guide line.

I would toss the screws and get good ones from Tacoma Screw to start with and use Vibratite.
Some things I will just use my calibrated eye but small screws for that application isn't one of them.

Using good hardware and proper tools is a lot less hassle than drilling out small screws.
Also the material used for the screw and whatever it is being screwed into. Aluminum and other alloys or titanium do not equal grade 8 steel.

Also the material used for the screw and whatever it is being screwed into. Aluminum and other alloys or titanium do not equal grade 8 steel.
🖕This. Hold, stress and torque is largely determined by the weakest material in the chain. Just like you wouldn't shtick a titanium lock on plastic storage bin. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top