JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can fix stupid with hardware any more than you can stop murder by illegalizing guns.

Disagree. We all rely on hardware to some extent -- holsters, trigger or grip safeties, heavy DA trigger pulls, etc. Some people like more hardware between themselves and the bang, others less, but we all use and rely on it to one degree or another. Only the truly insane would walk around with a cocked unlocked hairtrigger pistol in the same pocket as their keys.

'Observed' is not concealed. Please suggest a more viable, effective plan to instantly protect the lives of students and entire staff. And I'm sincere......please suggest one. I want nothing more than to have no or fewer lives lost in this manner.
Personally, I support plain clothes over uniformed in applications such as schools, airlines, banks, etc. Lastly, in direct response to this thread, as many have alluded to it would be fair and educational to know what caused the discharge.

IDK... somebody mentioned the uniformed guard becomes a target, but doesn't that go with the job? Isn't there an aspect of discouraging bad behavior when there is a visible guard? What if we used both uniformed and plainclothes, so we'd have a visible deterrent and the fact that any adult present might be able to shoot, put some uncertainty in their little messed up minds?

Only the truly insane would walk around with a cocked unlocked hairtrigger pistol in the same pocket as their keys.

no argument with the concept stated, yet 'the truly insane' most often don't have any idea of their deficient mental status or failure to rationally maintain 'safe' gun behavior. IMHO.

Amazing. No one in a leadership position has thought to order those who choose to have a light on their firearm and use this type of holster which exposes the trigger to carry in Condition 3. The officers expose themselves to unnecessary risk, along with their fellows and anyone near them when there is a snag in their carry strategy.

Exactly my reason for not having a light on my EDC, although I do have a light on my HD pistol for home defense but I do not have a holster for it.;)

I don't like striker fired triggers, they seem mushy to me, and always feel like they are never going to break, giving me a subconscious fear that the trigger never will (I have had bad dreams where I pulled the trigger on a bad guy and the trigger never breaks - I am not the only one either).

I too have had those dreams in the past but not since I got my Springfield XDM 40. I don't feel a mushiness at all and I'm totally confident in my EDC and my HD XDM 40's.

Sig maintains it was not an AD but an ND. I still suspect the culprit will be the holster which was ID'd in a Spectrum News story as a Safariland 6360. This 3m video
At about the 1:40m thru 2:00m mark it shows the possible problem with the trigger guard from the outside and also the available space for intrusion from inside the holster.

I have to chuckle when I think of what the school district superintendent, the lawyers, the teachers' union, and the host of others will come up with for Rules of engagement during an active shooter(s) event. I can just imagine the decision tree in the OODA loop for our classroom teacher. Add the possibility that the kid is well known and liked by the teacher to the mix and you have a big problem - indecisiveness. Then the question of how police officers will be able to tell the good guys from the bad still remains.

Disagree. We all rely on hardware to some extent -- holsters, trigger or grip safeties, heavy DA trigger pulls, etc. Some people like more hardware between themselves and the bang, others less, but we all use and rely on it to one degree or another. Only the truly insane would walk around with a cocked unlocked hairtrigger pistol in the same pocket as their keys.

So you can fix stupid with hardware, got it.

Sounds like a job interview fail and a good way to keep firearms out of schools... :s0046:

Have to be able to put up with a whole lot of stupid OP

Not me. Now F'in way I'd put up with those lil F'rs... just shoot anybody that gives a teacher trouble!!!

Oh yeah, I forgot... RETENTION HOLSTER!!! Something like that Safariland but w/o the potential for AD/ND.

Then the question of how police officers will be able to tell the good guys from the bad still remains.

Nah, the teachers will be the ones proudly displaying their NTA gear, badges, emblems, whatever. Let the teachers worry about it! Volunteer for it, fine. Don't want to, then don't. No plan is perfect... just keep coming up with objections, that's a plan!!

Last Edited:
:rolleyes: ...considering Oregon's new Red Flag laws, you might wish to sanitize your posts OP such that they are not used against you in a mental health hearing :s0001:

Sanitize your own posts... Paranoid, are we??? That could be used against you at a mental health hearing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for me... They gotta have a complaint first... then they gotta get a warrant to uncover my computer names... seems like a lot of BS that won't happen in a red flag hearing, they take witness statements, then they come for the guns. To get to the level of a mental health hearing, I imagine I would have to actually harm somebody or threaten to harm them... not in the plan. Get real. But maybe all those comedians should get mental health evaluations for threatening political figures, eh?

Not me. Now F'in way I'd put up with those lil F'rs... just shoot anybody that gives a teacher trouble!!!

Sanitize your own posts... Paranoid, are we??? That could be used against you at a mental health hearing. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As for me... They gotta have a complaint first... then they gotta get a warrant to uncover my computer names... seems like a lot of BS that won't happen in a red flag hearing, they take witness statements, then they come for the guns. To get to the level of a mental health hearing, I imagine I would have to actually harm somebody or threaten to harm them... not in the plan. Get real. But maybe all those comedians should get mental health evaluations for threatening political figures, eh?

Not paranoid...maybe singlenoid???...

Currently, Oregon law looks to family and law enforcement.

Oregon's Red Flag Law - Oregon Department of Justice

Once in place look for potential future changes being proposed for co-workers, employees, the Easter Bunny or whomever to be able to "drop a dime" on you. Shoot, even a "disgruntled" Northwest Firearms forum member could call the FBI to report so called threats that were perceived.

I'm not looking to bust anyones chops here OP. I just come from the position of not hand delivering/giving opponents cannon fodder to use again me no matter how improbable. IMO to do otherwise:

wouldn't be prudent.jpg

I'm not looking to bust anyones chops here OP. I just come from the position of not hand delivering/giving opponents cannon fodder to use again me no matter how improbable. IMO to do otherwise:

1. Who's the OP?

2. Fine. Then don't bust my chops either. It should be obvious even to a Caveman by now that I'm not digging your gigging. So, you keep your counsel and I'll keep mine. M'kay?

If I knew how to attach a link it would be easy.

I've heard of these AD's involving Sig polymer guns in their holsters in the pass. After read the post I just googled.... sig sauer holstered ADs and found articles and u tube videos .

I would like to know which model the SRO was issued.

Are you using a different Google or did you not post your actual search phrase? Googling "Sig Sauer holstered ADs" yields no articles about holstered ADs.

If you Google "Sig Sauer holstered accidental discharges" you get a lot of info about the well known, and fixed, drop issue.

There is one case where a deputy in an academy claims her P320 discharged when she threaded a belt through her holster, and that claim is highly highly suspect.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...uTsY4mh0WNlYKjGtK&ampcf=1&cshid=1557533374295

If you can't figure out how to post links, you're gonna have to be highly specific about "these AD's involving Sig polymer guns in their holsters in the pass" you're referring to.

Nice Gucci gamer Glock in your profile photo, too. I'm sure there's no bias.

Are you using a different Google or did you not post your actual search phrase? Googling "Sig Sauer holstered ADs" yields no articles about holstered ADs.

If you Google "Sig Sauer holstered accidental discharges" you get a lot of info about the well known, and fixed, drop issue.

There is one case where a deputy in an academy claims her P320 discharged when she threaded a belt through her holster, and that claim is highly highly suspect.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...uTsY4mh0WNlYKjGtK&ampcf=1&cshid=1557533374295

If you can't figure out how to post links, you're gonna have to be highly specific about "these AD's involving Sig polymer guns in their holsters in the pass" you're referring to.

Nice Gucci gamer Glock in your profile photo, too. I'm sure there's no bias.

I went with a M&P core for a cheap race gun.
Not a glock guy....

Others here have shot the 1.7oz trigger and no AD's . 20180610_195211.jpg 20180309_171157.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top