JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What if a P320 that was never returned during the recall? *climactic music

Probably a P229 tho... and probably another draw string incident on the SRO's jacket!

I've seen people holster a Sig P-series
DA/SA gun without decocking. Not a good situation if you're familiar with a Sig SA trigger. They're nice, but touchy.
Didn't even cross my mind... it's the first thing I do when I take the muzzle off target.
I guess that's just good practice on my part?

Pass the tinfoil this way you have had enuff.

Tuned my tin foil hat to another channel. This is the latest theory:

The incident did happen, and it was intentional. :eek: They MUST stop us from protecting schools by arming teachers, so that the school shootings can continue, paving the way for a total assault weapon or semi-auto weapon ban. I'll adjust the rabbit ears on my hat and see if I can find more info. ;) They shot the wall so noone would be injured.

Tuned my tin foil hat to another channel. This is the latest theory:

The incident did happen, and it was intentional. :eek: They MUST stop us from protecting schools by arming teachers, so that the school shootings can continue, paving the way for a total assault weapon or semi-auto weapon ban. I'll adjust the rabbit ears on my hat and see if I can find more info. ;) They shot the wall so noone would be injured.
I find it more likely that if it was intentional, the SRO just wanted another vacation... ;)

Never been a Sig fan, but In my experience firearms don't "accidentally" discharge

And if they do, then it is almost always during some kind of handling by the user. They drop it, or they are inserting or removing it from the holster, or whatever - but they are doing something with it.

Now SIG reportedly has had problems with some of their striker-fired guns discharging when dropped, but so have others (e.g., Walther). Most striker fired guns have a firing pin safety now, but that can fail under certain conditions.

I don't like striker fired triggers, they seem mushy to me, and always feel like they are never going to break, giving me a subconscious fear that the trigger never will (I have had bad dreams where I pulled the trigger on a bad guy and the trigger never breaks - I am not the only one either).

I prefer DA/SA triggers and all of my SIGs are DA/SA handguns. There is no explicit manual safety on the DA/SA guns, they are generally carried in Condition 2 (hammer down, round in the chamber) - they have a decocker to do this safely and you can go from there to firing quickly and safely. I have not heard of a dropped DA/SA handgun firing on being dropped while in Condition 2, but maybe someone else does.

THing is, without some witnesses or video, we don't know what happened. I just doubt that someone just standing there not messing with their gun, it being securely in the holster, had an AD/ND.

Decisions, decisions, decisions... I can image all those politicos in the county that may have their budgets disturbed by this incident are hunkered down looking to cover their a$$es. Opts, those assets. The county commissioners, the sheriff, the district superintendent of schools, the mayor, and SIG are all wondering what direction to point their finger (away from themselves) and developing a strategy to deflect any negativity away from themselves.

So what strategy would you come up with if you were sitting in the "hot seat"?

On the Sig Forum, posters are writing that the county switched to the SIG 320 from the Glock for ..... Yes, safety reasons.

Also, there are comments about the level III holsters not completely covering the trigger when designed to accommodate a firearm with light.

It has been a know issue for years.

Amazing. No one in a leadership position has thought to order those who choose to have a light on their firearm and use this type of holster which exposes the trigger to carry in Condition 3. The officers expose themselves to unnecessary risk, along with their fellows and anyone near them when there is a snag in their carry strategy.

As a teacher who daily carries but not at work (because laws are dumb) If I was allowed to carry at work, it would be loaded magazine, empty chamber.

#1 the likelihood of me needing to use the firearm to prevent an active shooter is astronomically low. #2 The time it would take to rack the slide is inconsequential compared to 100% ensuring an AD would never occur.

Unless there was in fact a mechanical failure of the sig (can't blame the carrier)
It sounds like a there was some "tactical derp" taking place.

As a teacher who daily carries but not at work (because laws are dumb) If I was allowed to carry at work, it would be loaded magazine, empty chamber.

#1 the likelihood of me needing to use the firearm to prevent an active shooter is astronomically low. #2 The time it would take to rack the slide is inconsequential compared to 100% ensuring an AD would never occur.

Unless there was in fact a mechanical failure of the sig (can't blame the carrier)
It sounds like a there was some "tactical derp" taking place.

Benefits And Drawbacks Of Israeli Carry | Gun Belts Blog

The Isreali carry and the modified Mossad are proven methods from a hostile environment that most Americans can only imagine. A frequently overlooked benefit to the Isreali carry is that a DA/SA pistol is in SA once the round is chambered.

If "safety" is the real issue, it might become the standard (law) with only a few exceptions like Isreal.

I'd be terribly uncomfortable after 50 years of carrying Condition 1, but I'd rather have that than the current messes being created in some of the more "progressive (repressive) states".

It is not unknown for departments to purchase cheap holsters that dance close to the line of "Unsafe". That said, it is the responsibility of the officer to know the limitations of his equipment and prevent things like this from happening.

The Isreali carry and the modified Mossad are proven methods from a hostile environment that most Americans can only imagine. A frequently overlooked benefit to the Isreali carry is that a DA/SA pistol is in SA once the round is chambered.

If "safety" is the real issue, it might become the standard (law) with only a few exceptions like Isreal.

I'd be terribly uncomfortable after 50 years of carrying Condition 1, but I'd rather have that than the current messes being created in some of the more "progressive (repressive) states".

In a sturdy Kydex holster that fully enclosed the trigger guard, guns are not going to go off "accidentally." There are a lot of cheap holster out there that are just terrible from a safety standpoint. Carrying without a round in the chamber has its place, however, for daily carry out and about where the moment you may need it in self defense you are already 'behind the ball' because you are responding to a what is likely a surprise attack from an aggressor, not a moment to lose there. Out in public, chambered all day.

Compared to the situation I previous used, with being a teacher in a school, while spending 90% of my day in my classroom. The likelihood that I would be unable to quickly chamber a round and respond to something in the school is insignificant compared to ensuring something didn't occur to cause an AD/ND.

The day after the SRO's holstered gun fired in the school lunchroom, the Florida legislature after a heated debate approved the bill allowing classroom teachers to be armed as part of the Guardian Program passed last year that had excluded them.

I haven't seen any articles on what the 144 hours of training will entail but I'm leery this only creates more problems than it solves considering the number of teachers attacked in the classroom every year. It is a new ballgame when junior goes for the teacher's firearm. Another concern is how do first responders tell the good guy from the bad guy.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top