JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some guy pulled up next to me while I was driving home today, yelling something through his open window toward me (it's raining), so I rolled my window down.
"You want some speakers for your home?!"
All I said was "NO!" and rolled the window back up. I drove on, but realized he was gonna pull up next to me. (I don't normally carry my gun, but I happened to today). He crossed over behind me and went into a cheveron to scam some people in the parking lot

The exact same thing happened to me in Pullman about two years ago. Has this happened to anyone else?

:s0112:

I can't believe they still use the "speaker" as a come on.....you'd think they would have graduated to IPOD or something.....

It's been about 15 years, but yes, they tried with me once...:)

I had something like that happen to me in Florida. ONly the guy beside you was the distraction for the dude who is slamming on his brakes ahead of you. Then you rear end the dude. We turned off before that happened and Im glad we moved out of there.

There was no one in front of me, but yeah, I have heard of the boxing your car in scam. If he would have pulled up next to me at the next light, I would have pulled out my 1911 and laid it on the dash so he would know to move on.

3x

Twice in Longview
Once in Seattle

I told him I'd trade him a pistol one time and they got nervous and left. It was a J-22. I probably would of got a box of bricks for it which would be a fair trade considering it was a J-22.

The few times this has happened to me, the scam was on whoever they got the speakers from and just looking for a quick place to unload them. I have been approached twice in car, and once while at the ATM.

Pocket carrying my SP101 in my sweater at the time of the ATM incident, talked to him a moment and actually purchased the speakers, although never taking "aim" off him.

wow, i am now 24 but when i was 16 had just got my license i was up on mill plain /205 at the bp gas station and some thugs approached me and tried to intimidate me into buyin some speakers.

it happend 6 months later again at the GI joes on mill plain, same guys

i disliked the situation alot

The few times this has happened to me, the scam was on whoever they got the speakers from and just looking for a quick place to unload them. I have been approached twice in car, and once while at the ATM.

Pocket carrying my SP101 in my sweater at the time of the ATM incident, talked to him a moment and actually purchased the speakers, although never taking "aim" off him.

This is why they keep doing it, because people keep buying their stolen stuff, even when both parties know it's stolen. Possession of stolen goods is still a crime.

That happened to me once about 8 years ago in the LCC parking lot in Longview. One guy in a panel van who "needed to sell some stuff because he was moving". We told him to pound sand, and he left.

This happened to me at fred meyer in kiezer, I was offered a "great deal" to buy a home surround sound something or other new in box. I called the police and they said they couldn't do anything about it and these guys had a permit to sell in that style in public. I don't like it either but I think it's a legal solicitation unless it had wires dangling from it.

I bought a set of new in the box speakers when I used to live in Phoenix, their story was their boss received speakers he didn't order and that he didn't know they came in so they made me a "great deal". Second coolest thing I got out of the trunk of someones car in a wal mart parking lot.

I cant believe that people are not very very aware of these guys!!! It is totally legal. But yes it is a scam. Most of the time they show you a magazine with there $5000 speakers in it. The truth is, they made the magazine. They are a knock off of a real brand, a expensive brand. The latest brand that I have heard of is "Kirsch" They are not real. But they are a "real " piece of crap.

I heard of these guys in Washington DC, that tell you one thing and do another, steal money from people, all sorts of shady stuff.........Biggest scammers Ive ever seen!

This happened to me but I didnt realize it was a scam until now. I said 'no thanks' to the guy offering $2K speakers for 200, he had them in the back of a caprice and said they came from a warehouse he worked at that just closed down. he had a pamphlet showing the 2K price too. I assumed they were stolen which is why I declined.

Yep, this is a well known scam, though totally legal. They buy these cheap speakers then try to convince people they're worth $2k+. Most of the time it's the line of their boss ordered two many for a job and they need to unload them to recoup some of the cost. I've never been harassed or intimidated by these guys, but I certainly don't doubt it happens.

I heard of these guys in Washington DC, that tell you one thing and do another, steal money from people, all sorts of shady stuff.........Biggest scammers Ive ever seen!

I've seen guys sell that kind of crap out of my parking lot at work, or at least they try to.
But that's not saying much considering that I regularly have to call non-emergency on some "working girls" that are doing their job in my parking lot, also. :nuts:

I've seen guys sell that kind of crap out of my parking lot at work, or at least they try to.
But that's not saying much considering that I regularly have to call non-emergency on some "working girls" that are doing their job in my parking lot, also. :nuts:
I've recently heard they are called Lot Lizards... which I find hilarious.

yea the same scam happened to me twenty five years a go but the wood be con men
were to new and stupid. When the immediately lowed there price from 200 to 150 I said I I ask if they could go lower yjat I didn't have that kind of money, I dickered for a few when they got flustered and down to fifty I reached fo my wallet and played like I forgot it .
they weren't very convincing even back then.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top