JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello- I am planning to construct a SBR from a rifle caliber pistol. Has anyone else here in Hillsboro done this? I have the Form 1 already and would appreciate any advice or contact info for the local CLEO to get signed off. Thanks in advance!

Google up "Washington County Oregon concealed handguns". Call their number, make an appointment. Ask for directions. They are very helpful. During the short interview, the Sheriff representative may ask what do you want the SBR for, so come ready with a "spontaneous" reply. Almost like getting your CHL. Will be done in less than 30 minutes. Cost for finger prints is about $15. I come ready with everything else completed, (i.e. $200 check, and a prepaid/pre-addressed USPS flat rate envelop, etc). I drop it off at the USPO right across the street.

Since you are the SBR "manufacturer", some receiver engraving may be involved. Can't help you there, though.

Since you are the SBR "manufacturer", some receiver engraving may be involved. Can't help you there, though.

Squibbits will be the "maker" of the SBR. The manufacturer is who made the Title I receiver.

as far as engraving goes...These guys are the best from what I hear. They do these SBR engravings often and for $25

Here is the info for those interested:
Bye Engineering
Darla does the pattern work with you & Doug engraves the weapons
They are located in Portland, OR

here is a useful thread on this:
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/nfa-weapons/19687-sbr-engraving-who-does-what-do-they-do.html

Thumbs up for BYE Engraving, they did a great job on my SBR while I waited.

Thanks for the clarification about Manufacturer v. Maker. When I bent a flat for my AMD65 SBR, I was both and didn't bother to figure the difference.
I also found a couple potentially useful links:
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR