JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here we go!! While they have us all wound up about SB501, they want to sneak other crap through, unnoticed.

SB275 is being put forward in 'emergency' legislation, to take effect immediately when passed, and no opportunity for voter referendum. It requires trigger locks, or storage in a locked container.

The following link describes the bill, and has links to the sponsors, for any that wish to write, call, or email. (It also seems to be a good source for legislative info)

SB 275 Requiring locked container or trigger locks for firearms :: Oregon Citizens Lobby

:s0042:

wheres the emergency? lol

Their 'emergency' designation has nothing to do with an emergency. It is more a tool to hide/suppress debate, and make it so voters can not overturn it at a later date!!

It is a simple matter to keep an extra key to a gun lock on one's key chain, and in the UNLIKELY event a firearm is stolen, point to the key and say it had a lock on it!! :s0007:

[/QUOTE]

just like how 941 was such an emergency. isnt there only 1 case of someone being charged for not doing a BGC? lol
The person was not convicted from what i understand they were detained, charged and dismissed.

This law really wont effect me personally as I have quick access to items anyways, I also have a young Grandchild that runs the house so I do not need a law to tell me to not leave a gun laying around. But I am 100% against law makers telling us the level of safety we need in our own homes. Wonder if this applies to vehicles ?

I have been thinking, what if you have older kids say 12 or older that know how to use firearms. You are gone and someone breaks in. Would you want your son or daughter to not be able to have the security of having a gun! These idiots in government. Yes there a times guns should be locked up. But that's a decision we should be making.

Yeah it's in direct violation to DC vs Heller which means if it does pass judicial it is likely not to pass the scrutiny of the courts.

It's politicians wasting taxpayer money and virtue signaling to their base.

IIRC this is how Kate put in the BGC law in OR??? Yet gun owners put her back in office again. So now there should not be too many gun owners shocked more of this is coming, after all it's what they voted for. Want it to change? Only one way. Gun owners need to stop putting the people in office who are doing it. Letters? Nice, the people in charge could care less. Only votes matter.

But ultimately, this is why I have less issue with this Bill. It's nearly impossible to enforce. As long as you have a safe in your house, how could they find you at fault for anything?

Lets see how can i skirt this, lets think like a goon:

I could remove the barrel
I could take all the magazines - remove springs/base plates
I could remove the firing pin/striker pin
I could just take the whole upper slide
I could remove the trigger
I could remove the cylinder on a revolver
etc

Hows that for your cable lock? Doubt many people who steal have spare barrels/slides/frames/mags/pins/strikers (to specific models to begin with) on hand when intending to pawn it off or use it for nefarious reasons.

I have been thinking, what if you have older kids say 12 or older that know how to use firearms. You are gone and someone breaks in. Would you want your son or daughter to not be able to have the security of having a gun! These idiots in government. Yes there a times guns should be locked up. But that's a decision we should be making.
There was a recent case where a ~15 year old girl shot an i believe killed the home invasion bad guy. The local DA was lamenting that the child had access to a firearm and was contemplating charging the parents... I will look and see if I can find all the details

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top