JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In SB 501 it states in Section 7 subsection 4 that: "(4) This section does not apply to ammunition purchased and used at a target shooting range."

So if the range allowed it, you the transferor could meet transferee at range and transfer ammo, then go on your way, right?

Last Edited:
I mean, I use all may ammo at a range, not all at once mind you, but eventually. /s

SB501 is not something to worry about in and of itself, BUT it is being used as a marketing anchor to make other less aggressive bills easier to vote for. They did not introduce it just to make the kids feel better, it is a tried and true method for making something else seem better. In a year that will be FULL of anti gun bills. This will be something politicians will point at to say "see SB501, that's ridiculous. This bill is more reasonable". and the sheeple will agree.

These laws are typical agenda politics; throw a lot against the wall and see what sticks. By using this 'shotgun' approach they can also use some of the proposals as bargaining chips - drop some if others get approved. If they get enough votes, then maybe all of them would go thru - "sweeping changes". They have little to lose by trying.

Assume the worst and hope for the best. Buy plenty of ammo now if you can and stash it away.

I mean, I use all may ammo at a range, not all at once mind you, but eventually. /s

SB501 is not something to worry about in and of itself, BUT it is being used as a marketing anchor to make other less aggressive bills easier to vote for. They did not introduce it just to make the kids feel better, it is a tried and true method for making something else seem better. In a year that will be FULL of anti gun bills. This will be something politicians will point at to say "see SB501, that's ridiculous. This bill is more reasonable". and the sheeple will agree.
I would agree that ammo ban at 20rnds a month is a negotiating point in the bill but it would be a big mistake to believe that this bill won't pass a anti-gun super majority goverment. Why would they have to negotiate much of anything? They have no reason to negotiate with anybody on the Republican side and the very few moderate anti-gunners aren't going to take much convincing. This is a new world for them. They no longer have to worry about Oregon government switching back and forth. They were given a mandate by an extremely anti-gun voter base and they will satisfy that base.

I would agree that ammo ban at 20rnds a month is a negotiating point in the bill but it would be a big mistake to believe that this bill won't pass a anti-gun super majority goverment. Why would they have to negotiate much of anything? They have no reason to negotiate with anybody on the Republican side and the very few moderate anti-gunners aren't going to take much convincing. This is a new world for them. They no longer have to worry about Oregon government switching back and forth. They were given a mandate by an extremely anti-gun voter base and they will satisfy that base.

I don't mean for anyone to ignore 501, I just mean that it is getting more attention then it should. We should be looking for the less sensational bills that probably will pass, and fight against those. Oregon is not full blue, it is a very close purple by population. it is blue right now only because of the laziness of the red side. Everything is life is a pendulum, and right now the pendulums is swinging into the blue but there is always the risk of waking the giant. So, sweeping and drastic changes run the risk of moving the pendulum back quicker. If they continue to move slowly and methodically the pendulum will continue moving deeper blue for a while. If they move too fast people will retaliate. Look at California, it has taken 20 years to get where they are. The blue politicians may be stupid, but do not make the mistake of thinking them idiots. They know the game.

Oregon is not full blue, it is a very close purple by population. it is blue right now only because of the laziness of the red side. Everything is life is a pendulum, and right now the pendulums is swinging into the blue but there is always the risk of waking the giant. So, sweeping and drastic changes run the risk of moving the pendulum back quicker. If they continue to move slowly and methodically the pendulum will continue moving deeper blue for a while. If they move too fast people will retaliate. Look at California, it has taken 20 years to get where they are. The blue politicians may be stupid, but do not make the mistake of thinking them idiots. They know the game.
That line of thinking may be why we are here today. OR will not be red again. I don't believe pro 2A voter apathy was the problem in this past election. Pro 2A supporters are outnumbered. If you believe differently that is ok but don't be surprised when this anti gun BS passes.

That line of thinking may be why we are here today. OR will not be red again. I don't believe pro 2A voter apathy was the problem in this past election. Pro 2A supporters are outnumbered. If you believe differently that is ok but don't be surprised when this anti gun BS passes.

Sorry, I made a ninja edit to my post as you were replying, and you had the correct response to what you saw. Unfortunately, I don't expect Oregon to turn back to red in my lifetime either, but I fear death by a thousand cuts more than a sweeping and sudden changes. I do firmly believe life is a pendulum though, and we are seeing the change from red to blue, but it is a slow pendulum and I don't think my generation will see the return to red, but our children may. It seems to take two or three generations for society to forget the mistakes or successes of our fathers and that is when you see the pendulum reverse direction.

I also don't think 501 would stand up in court, and the politicians know that. The kids that wrote it do not. The last thing blue politicians want is a bill that bad going to the courts.

theyre putting out lives at risk by wanting to restrict mags to 5 rounds. criminals WILL have standard cap mags and we as the law abiding WILL be at a grave disadvantage.

thats on them.

Sorry, I made a ninja edit to my post as you were replying, and you had the correct response to what you saw. Unfortunately, I don't expect Oregon to turn back to red in my lifetime either, but I fear death by a thousand cuts more than a sweeping and sudden changes. I do firmly believe life is a pendulum though, and we are seeing the change from red to blue, but it is a slow pendulum and I don't think my generation will see the return to red, but our children may. It seems to take two or three generations for society to forget the mistakes or successes of our fathers and that is when you see the pendulum reverse direction.

I also don't think 501 would stand up in court, and the politicians know that. The kids that wrote it do not. The last thing blue politicians want is a bill that bad going to the courts.
Most of what is in the bill has already stood up in courts across the country. Unless the SCOTUS takes up this stuff and rules in our favor we are screwed. The only peaceful and lawful option at this point is to convince enough moderate anti-gunners to vote against SB501 because of the absurdity that is in this bill. More than likely it will pass with only minor changes. I could see them modifying the ammunition purchasing limit to appease the fudds. Other than that it will likely sail through pretty much as is.

Most of what is in the bill has already stood up in courts across the country. Unless the SCOTUS takes up this stuff and rules in our favor we are screwed. The only peaceful and lawful option at this point is to convince enough moderate anti-gunners to vote against SB501 because of the absurdity that is in this bill. More than likely it will pass with only minor changes. I could see them modifying the ammunition purchasing limit to appease the fudds. Other than that it will likely sail through pretty much as is.

I hope your wrong, but would not bet against you on this.

Another part of the shotgun tactic is to throw so much at us that we can't cover all of the bases - so to speak.

That way at least some of their bills will get thru. They control the legislature so they can throw as much as they want at us hoping we will miss some of it.

Another part of the shotgun tactic is to throw so much at us that we can't cover all of the bases - so to speak.

That way at least some of their bills will get thru. They control the legislature so they can throw as much as they want at us hoping we will miss some of it.

I said the same thing before in another thread. Only thing I can think that they are doing currently. Pretty cocky after winning mids and gaining super majority since they have 3/5's they don't need any repub votes on anything they pass thru.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top