JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
latest comparison study that I know of [or just go to the end for the final result] ....

About this ^^. Are we all supposed give up road trips? What's a days drive on a multi-day road trip? Maybe 600 miles? To get one good day away from home I'd say. You'll have to have one of senile-old Joe's charging stations along the way. What if we wanted to drive to Utah to see family and friends in January? How much mileage do you use off those batteries keeping that car warm, and windows defrosted in an EV? I can just see a person sitting in a blizzard somewhere in the middle of The Great Plains waiting for the car to finish charging. None of these people EVER talk about that.
I wish these A-Hs would let me enjoy living my life out in a way that pleases and get hell off us older folks backs. We don't dump our our used motor oil on the shoulder of the road any more, and cars have become insanely cleaner running (even though they waste a lot of fuel to get that cleaner running). When were gone they can build their 'fing clean utopia all they want.

About this ^^. Are we all supposed give up road trips? What's a days drive on a multi-day road trip? Maybe 600 miles? To get one good day away from home I'd say. You'll have to have one of senile-old Joe's charging stations along the way. What if we wanted to drive to Utah to see family and friends in January? How much mileage do you use off those batteries keeping that car warm, and windows defrosted in an EV? I can just see a person sitting in a blizzard somewhere in the middle of The Great Plains waiting for the car to finish charging. None of these people EVER talk about that.
I wish these A-Hs would let me enjoy living my life out in a way that pleases and get hell off us older folks backs. We don't dump our our used motor oil on the shoulder of the road any more, and cars have become insanely cleaner running (even though they waste a lot of fuel to get that cleaner running). When were gone they can build their 'fing clean utopia all they want.
I am very interested in this too. Both ACs and Heaters use a bunch of energy and I wonder how they calculate that into the range estimates they post in window stickers of EVs?

Those Teslas are quite the gimmick. My brother in law has one. We had Christmas dinner at their place and the grand finally was parking the car just so in front of the garage door so we could watch the car put on a light show while playing Trans-Siberian music.

Those Teslas are quite the gimmick. My brother in law has one. We had Christmas dinner at their place and the grand finally was parking the car just so in front of the garage door so we could watch the car put on a light show while playing Trans-Siberian music.
So he didn't opt for the levitate above the road option too huh?

While it was putting on the show the windows were rolling up and down and the side mirrors were flapping like Dumbo's ears.
Kitt while sad, is not impressed:

screen-shot-2018-04-09-at-11-26-10-am-1523267002.png

But I am.

I read your headline as "say goodbye to gas Harley's by …"

Anywho - the only way we cut transportation emissions is a culture shift - not chasing ever more efficient engines. I mean, really, I think we may have peaked with the small engine + turbo thing.

Smaller, lighter vehicles with more plastic parts = less safe cars and more highway fatalities. But hey, shut up and take one for the planet.

Ever seen a "smart car" on the highway? Scary.
They're only less safe if there are bigger players on the road. If everyone is driving a plastic fantastic then wrecks are not terrible. It's only when smart cars meet semis where experiments in human compression are conducted.

They're only less safe if there are bigger players on the road. If everyone is driving a plastic fantastic then wrecks are not terrible. It's only when smart cars meet semis where experiments in human compression are conducted.
Guy #1: Did you hear about the big wreck up in Portland?

Guy #2: No. What happened?

Guy #1: A smart car got T-boned by a guy who was walking and texting. The smart car was totaled, but fortunately the iPhone was undamaged.

:s0140:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads