JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't read. Did they change the place of manufacture requirement?

Dodge - used to assemble its vans in Canada, so they were imports and thus not part of the fleet mileage requirement.
Ford - assembled its F150 in Mexico for the same reason.

When the law first came about, The Big 3 Could "buy" imports, slap their badge on them and meet the fleet mileage requirement. Then they could not include imports.

Where was your vehicle manufactured? Check the VIN

The WMI is simply the first 3 letters or numbers of your VIN number where the two first letters tell you in what country the vehicle was made.

For example my Corolla was Made in The United States.

I don't know that Dodge trucks are that bad for what they are. I have a 2019 Ram 2500 4X4 with the 6.4 hemi motor and average 16 MPG. I've had both a 2 wheel drive Toyota and a 4X4 Ford Ranger and neither of those would get that on their best day.

1) Our '03 F250 Trident V-10 gets 12 mpg under any and all conditions.
Since my life expectancy does not exceed that of our vehicles I don't anticipate buying any new ones.
The F-250 is 18 years old and has 51K mi on it, which is 2830 mi/yr. That engine can be expected to live at least 200K mi with good maintenance, giving 149K mi of useful service life left to go. At 2830 mi/yr it will take over 51 yrs to require replacement, which would make me 125 when it wears out.

2) The Powers That Be are talking about cars having alcohol detectors to prevent drunk driving. That sounds about as feasible and as useful as smart guns.

3) "When the brown outs happen and the grid collapses, they'll look back with regret."
I thought brown outs were a BA with spread cheeks for that added effect.

Smaller, lighter vehicles with more plastic parts = less safe cars and more highway fatalities. But hey, shut up and take one for the planet.

Ever seen a "smart car" on the highway? Scary.

1) Our '03 F250 Trident V-10 gets 12 mpg under any and all conditions.
Since my life expectancy does not exceed that of our vehicles I don't anticipate buying any new ones.
The F-250 is 18 years old and has 51K mi on it, which is 2830 mi/yr. That engine can be expected to live at least 200K mi with good maintenance, giving 149K mi of useful service life left to go. At 2830 mi/yr it will take over 51 yrs to require replacement, which would make me 125 when it wears out.

2) The Powers That Be are talking about cars having alcohol detectors to prevent drunk driving. That sounds about as feasible and as useful as smart guns.

3) "When the brown outs happen and the grid collapses, they'll look back with regret."
I thought brown outs were a BA with spread cheeks for that added effect.
I found someone who drives their truck deliberately less than I drive mine. Kudos to you, good sir. ('14 F-150 w/ 24K.)

"...the new standards will reduce pollution and save consumers billions of dollars at the gas pump."

And cost billions of dollars at the dealership plus increased electrical utility bills. Is that electricity going to be 100% non-polluting alt-energy?

"...the new standards will reduce pollution and save consumers billions of dollars at the gas pump."

And cost billions of dollars at the dealership plus increased electrical utility bills. Is that electricity going to be 100% non-polluting alt-energy?
I believe the electricity will be produced by burning methane from these little buggers.

B6CQH7X7LUI6PGIL6Y5365BVMM.jpg

I found someone who drives their truck deliberately less than I drive mine. Kudos to you, good sir. ('14 F-150 w/ 24K.)
I have a 2007 F-150 with a V8 that has 22,500 miles on it.
I don't drive that thing anywhere.
We moved 2300 miles 2 years ago.
I had it shipped............:rolleyes:
It's inside the garage with a battery tender on it and
I keep promising myself I will sell it next year.
I need something smaller.
My wife has an Expedition. I just want something to fall back
on in case we need another vehicle.
Maybe a smaller truck.

But the corrupt will get their cut so..
hey, Joe and co!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews