JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not just junk mail; once a year they dump several different yellow page type phone directories on my porch. They go directly to the recycling bin (right after I remove the plastic bag they're in of course)!

I may or may not know of someone who took a prepaid envelope from the Oregonian and taped it to the biggest box of rocks that would fit in the mailbox for outgoing mail.

Picture of Australian mail box block. Saw lots of these signs in the Adelaide area.

WP_20171107_006.jpg

Jeremy,

I must be the one and only one who doesn't get NRA junk mail or phone solicitation and I'm a long standing member.

Makes me wonder......?

Could it be because I only pay $10.00 annually to stay a member?

Last Edited:
We use the junk mail to start the woodstove, as we do most of our heating in the winter months with said. Other than that, it is worthless.

According to the latest data, 48% of the mail volume is junk mail. But, we keep an unsustainable system in place, that is hemorrhaging funds every year, to keep the unwanted crap flowing. :confused:

OK...my first Off-Topic thread. So as a baby boomer, I went from watching folks throw trash out car windows to having 3 seperate recycling bins. I think it's a PITA but I do my part now...even collected some cash for ammo for taking cans to the bottle drop.
So here is the question: Can someone tell me why we take 95% of what's in our mail boxes now and put it in the paper recylcing bin. So we pay someone to bring us paper and pay someone else to take it away...or am I missing something? What happened to saving the tress, planet etc? Would the US post office survive if bulk mail was eliminated?
And a better question...how do we stop this? Tell me someone is working on this and I'm just out of touch. Think I'll cut down the mail box this afternoon.
Guess what? I ordered a box from Amazon and it was packed in five boxes.. then the recycling guys just put it in a landfill.

Maybe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads