JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been looking at all these new rifles trying to do my homework and buy the best one for what I want. Some range time bench rest, hunting and maybe even some long distance shooting. I know that I want the caliber in .308.

The one that has really got me intrigued is the Savage. Does anyone know a dang thing about there accustock? There web page doesn't say that much about them and some of the reviews are great but was hoping to get some first hand knowledge from some guys that have one or even shot a buddy's rifle with the accustock.

I loved my .22mag savage - it was super accurate.

My Ruger Gunsight Scout in .308 was incredible. Where ever the scope was pointing and I touched the trigger is where a hole appeared on the target.

I don't have any experience with the other models except the older 30-06 Savage I was able to shoot & it shoots real nice:D

I have been looking at all these new rifles trying to do my homework and buy the best one for what I want. Some range time bench rest, hunting and maybe even some long distance shooting. I know that I want the caliber in .308.

The one that has really got me intrigued is the Savage. Does anyone know a dang thing about there accustock? There web page doesn't say that much about them and some of the reviews are great but was hoping to get some first hand knowledge from some guys that have one or even shot a buddy's rifle with the accustock.

I know @Ura-Ki has some love for Savage rifles - maybe he can weigh in on the Accustock?

I would love to shoot a new one. I love my old savage 30-06 now that I rebuilt it and did a trigger job. @Ura-Ki talked me into keeping that one. So I can't even imagine what the difference is with the new trigger's and better components. :)

I have 4 savages and 1 Remington. I will never buy anything but savage. Ever.

However I have wood stocks on every one of them. I think the accustom falls between the Tupperware and the wood which seems to be pillar bedded.

both mine are non accustock and i can fit a dollar bill all the way down to th barrel nut. no stock interference. not worried about the stock, they both kill deer so im content.

Thanks for the Luvin Guys. Accustocks are basically he same as the Remington embedded alloy chassis stocks that they were/are doing on the HS precision stocks. They do work by taking the flex out of the fiber reinforced stocks and they also provide a lot of surface area under the action for a serious bedding, plus they have the pillars under the action screws to put even clamping pressure on the receiver. Overall, the accustock is worth the few bucks extra, and as a side note: If you ever wanted to change bottom metal, the accustocks are the only ones that interchange bottom metal kits. I know you can modify a non accustock, but it takes a ton of work! Now the trigers, I am not a fan of the accutriger on the savage ( not that it's bad) I just don't like the extra safety blade and it feels kind of funny to me, but they DO work well and are nice and crisp with lo slop or play!

Thanks for the Luvin Guys. Accustocks are basically he same as the Remington embedded alloy chassis stocks that they were/are doing on the HS precision stocks. They do work by taking the flex out of the fiber reinforced stocks and they also provide a lot of surface area under the action for a serious bedding, plus they have the pillars under the action screws to put even clamping pressure on the receiver. Overall, the accustock is worth the few bucks extra, and as a side note: If you ever wanted to change bottom metal, the accustocks are the only ones that interchange bottom metal kits. I know you can modify a non accustock, but it takes a ton of work! Now the trigers, I am not a fan of the accutriger on the savage ( not that it's bad) I just don't like the extra safety blade and it feels kind of funny to me, but they DO work well and are nice and crisp with lo slop or play!

Since you have experience with the accustock if I purchase one and decide to switch out the stock do I loose that feature? If you do loose that feature it would change which one I purchase.