JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Love my Savage 30-06 especially since the upgrades have been done. @Joe13 and I have put about two box's of ammo through it so she's ready for hunting season.

:s0069:

IMG_1403.JPG

No experience with the Accu-Stock, but I have an opinion on full length bedding blocks. I've used Hogue stocks and a full length bedding block is an option.

They are heavy! Not in the grand scheme of things, but that chunk of aluminum adds a pound or so to your gun.
If it's for a gun that you're going to pack all day hunting, I'd pass on it.

IMG_20150208_122337999.jpg I sure like my Savage 10T from Cabelas. It has the Accu-stock, along with oversized tactical bolt, 24" heavy 5R barrel, detachable 4 round magazine. I don't know how much the Accu-stock contributes to the accuracy, but it is a shooter. Cabelas regular price for one is just $599.99, and if you are patient and don't mind mail in rebates, it is possible to get one for $429.99 (what I paid for mine.) The picture is when it was new and I mounted a fairly inexpensive Intensity 6.5-20x44 scope in cheap Weaver quad rings. It now wears a Leupold Mark 4 LRT 4.5-14x40 with Mil-Dot reticle in Burris signature rings. It is very accurate (and heavy), but is great shooting off a bipod prone. Considering you can pick up the whole rifle for less than a McMillan stock, I can't imagine a better starter rifle for long range shooting. Oh, by the way, when I got mine, you could have any chambering you wanted, as long as it was .308 Win. Now, it is also available in 6.5 Creedmoor.

IMG_1783.JPG IMG_1784.JPG IMG_1785.JPG IMG_1786.JPG

So I went for the Tikka. Thanks @Ura-Ki for all your help. Can't wait to get to the range and shoot this thing.

I was shocked at how light this thing felt with the bull barrel. According to the trusty internet it weighs about 1.5 pounds lighter than the Savage. should be a good compromise for hunting and long distance shooting. :):)

Beautiful rifle, SKrueger. I love my Savages (I don't have any precision models though) but the Tika has always felt sweet to me. And that Tika bolt movement...like sliding into a dream.

Awe, Shucks.......Twas Nuffin:) As much as I love mine and the wife loves hers, I am always pleased to share our experiences with these fine rifles! I was pretty amazed at the lightness of mine, in .30/06 with the bull barrel, it's almost as light as my old SAKO finnlight .300 mag that I traded off. I really want another Super Varmint, this time in 6.5X55 Swede, but alas, I just bought a super sweet Ruger, so I have to re-build my gun funds!

For the price, the Savage is still King, but for a Hunting rifle built to take any thing you can dish, the Tikka is hands down the better choice! Don't know if this helps or hurts! I love them both, and use them all the time!