JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wanted to let everyone know how impressed I was today at the range with my friends new rifle. I know the reviews say that any amount of wind will knock the little 17 around but today I witnessed him drilling the 500 meter (550 yd) gong at the local range repeatedly with only a Leo rifleman 3x9 scope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Is this the new Savage B-Mag or the Walking Varminter? Or something else entirely?

Really the problem with the .17 is that when using the 17-20 grain projectiles, they do get blown in the wind easily. It is amazing what a 25 grainer can do to buck the wind in comparison. Of course, weather conditions are important as well.

I personally am very intrigued by the new .17 Winchester Magnum Rimfire, also chambered in the B-Mag. With 20's at 3,000fps and 25's at 2,600, it should be good. The 25's are what really intrigue me.

I like the .22 Hornet a lot. I have never fired the .17 version, but I had a conversation with Dave Emary at Hornady shortly after they developed the round. Good stuff. The work coming out of the Hornady/Savage and Hornady/Ruger collaborations are great.