JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Rifle is sold!

I've decided to reduce calibers. I'm selling a near-pristine Savage 10 PC in .308 WIN. I've fired exactly 27 rounds from it (more on that later). I'm very "Type A" so this rifle is well cared for. I'm not looking for any trades unless you have a CZ Scorpion you're looking to part with.

Asking price is $700 for everything listed below. Buyer to pay FFL fee. I live in northeast Portland near PDX. I'll travel along 205 as far as Oregon City to meet up. I may go farther for the right deal. I'm new to the area so I'm asking the buyer to find an FFL to do the transfer.

Note that Savage made a couple variants of this rifle, one with a threaded barrel and one without. Mine does not have the threaded barrel. It has the factory camo stock. Looks like ACU to me, but I'm sure someone here can correct me if I'm wrong. I have the original cardboard box it shipped with. All the paperwork is also included, I never even opened the plastic. The original cable lock is also in there. As is a pair of squished ear plugs and some kind of knurled pin. Of note, there is an owner's manual for a Bushnell scope in the packet. I have no idea why. It didn't come with any optics, or even a way to mount an optic. If any Savage aficionado here knows why that is, please enlighten me.

i-KmntX4W-XL.jpg
i-kzB72P7-XL.jpg
i-2vqgLCD-XL.jpg
i-svKw5TW-XL.jpg

I bought a set of Leupold STD scope mounts and rings (original packaging pictured and included). Based on pricing at Midway, this would run around $40 if bought today. The rear mount is adjustable for gross windage (SKU 55741). The rings are medium height (SKU 49901). The torx keys are in the packaging. Scope is not included. I'm re-purposing that for another gun.
i-mhthv7t-XL.jpg

The bolt has been stored in a pistol rug to prevent it from being knocked around as things went in and out of my safe. The zip-up rug is included. Yes, I keep it zipped up with a desiccant packet. I said I was Type A. :)
i-BSLQnkv-XL.jpg

Also included is a Vickers Tactical Blue Force Gear sling in matching camo. It's a padded, 2-point sling with quick adjust buckle. These run around $45, and I'm including a set of Uncle Mike's swivels, which would probably cost $8-$10.
i-7J7PFgg-XL.jpg

The ammo being included is as follows:

40 rounds of Winchester Super X, 180gr Power-Point, still in the original retail box. Current pricing on Midway has it at $35 for 2 boxes.
i-JLnLVW9-XL.jpg

200 rounds of Miwall 147gr FMJ in factory new brass, not reloads. This was originally a 500 round can that I split with a friend, he took 300 rounds. He doesn't have the original can anymore, but in my ammo inventory spreadsheet (remember, Type A), I have it noted as being loaded to NATO pressures. I can't remember what I paid for this, but I bought it during the early Obama scare, which means a lot. For comparison, 200 rounds of 147gr from Freedom Munitions would run in the neighborhood of $130-$140, if they had it in stock.
i-BGFtpXX-XL.jpg

Lastly, I have 13 rounds of some military surplus ammo. I bought it from my LGS when I got the rifle. I asked the guy if he knew anything about the ammo and I remember he said the store owner bought out a bunch of surplus ammo which was loaded into 20-round boxes. I knew I had bought 2 boxes of the stuff, which is how I know I've fired 27 rounds through this rifle.
i-cSJjvWv-XL.jpg

I don't hunt and I don't do long-range shooting. So I have no real use for this rifle. I bought it on impulse. It's been to the range one time. I shot enough to (almost) zero in my scope. We didn't have a spotting scope, so we used binoculars. You would laugh if you saw us doing it. It wasn't perfect, but by the time I got it close enough, I was itching to go shoot my SCAR 16s. Which is what I did for the rest of the day. After I got home, I ran a bore snake through it, wiped it down and it sat in the back of my safe.

Last Edited: