JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello all, I'm curious about the area outside Troutdale, east of the Sandy river delta, to the north of I-84. It's a huge area of grass/marshland & ponds, looks like a great place to tromp around in with a shotgun(birds/small game), you can see it from the freeway. Anyone know if it's legal to hunt here?:s0092: I would think it should be, it's not in any city limits, nor is it part of any state park.... Is there anyone who can share some firm knowledge on this subject? Any help is greatly appreciated:s0155:

I've seen mention of hunting on the signs out there so I think it's legal.
Have seen folks with shotguns accross the river.
Not sure if they were hunting or hazing birds for the airport.
I see plenty of new looking shotgun hulls out there BB type stuff which suggests waterfowl hunting to me.

Hunting with firearms is permitted for only for water fowl over water.
I used to hunt rabbits out there with my bow.
Now there are way to many people with dogs running loose to hunt.

I have not hunted there in 5 years and I haven't kept up with the regulations. But, you used to be able to hunt waterfowl but only in the area north of the power lines, which made for a long walk from the parking lot near the I-84 river crossing. Also, the Forest Service had restricted access to some of the land along the river bank (for a rehab project if I remember correctly). When I did hunt out there, I rarely saw another hunter, but I rarely saw ducks too. Good luck with the scouting trip.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top