JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Apparently there is an emergency and salmon fishing is required.

Salish Sea

More than 160,000 non-native Atlantic salmon escaped into Washington waters in fish farm accident

The state has invited anglers and netters to catch as many Atlantics as they choose, while tribal fishers have been flooding the zone in hopes of lessening the threat of an invasive species in hallowed Pacific salmon feeding grounds.

Sorry, I have no info on permits/licenses required.

If you are near the Salish Sea, please help,
ecosystem that runs from the Strait of Georgia in British Columbia to the southernmost waters of Puget Sound in Washington state,

Someone posted about this not too long ago and said that you do not need permits and it is limitless fishing on those suckers.;)

Edit-Don't quote me on that, do your research if you go fishingo_O
Wrong I posted a thread called Atlantic salmon but you have to have a WA fishing license and follow all the rules and there is only no limits on ATLANTIC SALMON

The last update was that around 160.000 farm raised Atlantic salmon escape from pen but that number changes every other day mmmm they say the native tribe Fisher men have reported catching about 20.000 in nets and another 1.500 have been caught by sport fishing and there are reported one or two fish have been caught as far south as Tacoma so they are being spread out by the tides lol there is no way to know how much the seals sea lions and whale 's have got

Yep but those are native fish to this area Chinook and coho OR Kings and silver 's the ones up here where and are consider invasive Atlantic salmon

Yep but those are native fish to this area Chinook and coho OR Kings and silver 's the ones up here where and are consider invasive Atlantic salmon
Those fish are fry and small smolts, so good luck catching them... I recommend a size 20 royal wolf.

Also, the fish from eagle creek aren't actually native. They are the same species, but they were probably taken from another river. Can't say where for sure. I know they do this a lot more upriver, and have done it with rainbow trout. Mostly the native populations are fished out, logged out, and bred out of existence.

Wish I was closer!
I need to catch some fish!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews