JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been doing some research, there seems to be 100 different ways to skin a Saiga. I would like to turn my Saiga 12 into something more reliable. I could use some pointers. Being this is a local forum I feel like connecting with some local folks would do me better in the long run. I have access to a full machine shop, so anything is possible. Just don't have any experience. Any help is much appreciated.

Function. I was stove piping, with low brass ammo. This is the most fired firearm I have. It's been getting worse, use to eat that stuff up. I am pulling it apart and checking the gas ports right now. Never paid special attention too them while cleaning. I still would like to swap a few things out.

Well I think I might have found my problem. I am almost embarrassed to post the pic, but maybe my mistake will help another noob. I have put about 1000 shells of the low brass ammo through this Saiga. I also had my gas setting on 2 and fired a bunch of magnum 00 buck through it. I didn't get the manual with the saiga when I purchased it from my buddy. He told me 2 was the all purpose setting. I should have further investigated.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

You might also check to see if any of your gas ports are blocked by the gas block. They are generally blocked to some extent, and also usually undersized. If they are, your best bet is to remove the block, grind it out, and properly size the gas ports. The saiga forums are a great resource, or drop me a line and I can help you out.

Saiga-12 - forum.Saiga-12.com

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top