JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've decided I would like to try 3-gun IPSC.
I already have the Benelli M2 with an 18.5" barrel and a Nordic Components +5 extension tube (8 in the tube + 1 in the chamber). No doubt about it - this is a nice shotgun! I've got $1200 invested in this gun, but I have not been able to find speed-loaders for it.
I can now pick up a practically new Saiga 12 for $550, then spend $? to get it upgraded for 3-gun IPSC. R & R Racing will do a top-end upgrade for $1300. I'm pretty sure that's on the high-end as far as price goes, but assuming I went that route, I'd have a finely-tuned Saiga 12 with a 10-round mag for $1850.
In my opinion, my M2 is a much better shotgun than a stock Saiga 12, but without speed-loaders, I think I'll be seriously disadvantaged in 3-gun matches.
I think an upgraded Saiga 12 would be a much better choice for 3-gun IPSC, but I'd have to fork out up to $650 more to make the switch.
I'm interested in people's opinion on which direction I should go.

I've decided I would like to try 3-gun IPSC.
I already have the Benelli M2 with an 18.5" barrel and a Nordic Components +5 extension tube (8 in the tube + 1 in the chamber). I have not been able to find speed-loaders for it. In my opinion, my M2 is a much better shotgun than a stock Saiga 12, but without speed-loaders, I think I'll be seriously disadvantaged in 3-gun matches.

Maybe you should try three-gun first, before you start throwing money away.

TecLoader makes a speed loader kit for the M2, and Arredondo makes a M2 <broken link removed> ... if you're really serious.

C

Yea, I've come to the realization that I'm getting way ahead of myself.
I think I'll go out and watch a match and see what I need - at a minimum - to compete at the most basic level and go from there.
Thanks for the words of wisdom! :eek:

Yea, I've come to the realization that I'm getting way ahead of myself.
I think I'll go out and watch a match and see what I need - at a minimum - to compete at the most basic level and go from there.
Thanks for the words of wisdom! :eek:
There ya' go... once you decide if you like it or not, and what class you want to run in, then (maybe) you can throw money at it like you was printing it in your basement. :winkkiss:

C

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads